Zen- Ray Binoculars Summit or Vista ?

nans vacation

You can subscribe to their newsletter for update.
Thank you. I did just that.

Just an observation: I have not seen any Zen-Ray stuf on ebay in the last few months of checking. Is their stuff so good that no one parts with it? Just wierd b/c you can usually find just about anything on ebay :)

This is an awesome shot! Did you book a tour or you just take the picture from the shore?

I took that photo on a tour:

http://eyeofthewhale.com/

You could see the whales breaching off shore, but not close enough to get a really good shot. I saw a whale breaching really near a kayaker and it really made me want to take up kayaking! I just can't imagine taking my camera out in a kayak, though.

You can see the whale photo bigger here:

http://jackiewollner.exposuremanager.com/p/mammals/humpback_n6t7665a0157

I took that photo on a tour:

http://eyeofthewhale.com/

You could see the whales breaching off shore, but not close enough to get a really good shot. I saw a whale breaching really near a kayaker and it really made me want to take up kayaking! I just can't imagine taking my camera out in a kayak, though.

You can see the whale photo bigger here:

It is quite impressive! Thanks a lot. I just bookmarked the whaletour company. It will come in handy during my next trip to Hawaii

• 1 year later...

I had ordered two Vista Zen-Ray binoculars (8X 42 AND 10X 42) for our next week's trip to Alaska. I opened the box as soon as I received (which I rarely do) and found one of the Vista had a crack on the central stem and one of the barrels was detached for the other. I promptly e-mailed Zen-Ray and asked for my options. I included a photo of the defective or more likely transit damage binoculars. I asked for a return shipment authorization and asked my options so I could receive the binoculars before our departure. I was pleasantly surprised to recieve an e-mail within an hour saying I need not return the defective binocular, they would send me a new replacement right away.

The other binocular is fine and I liked it. I agree with some of the posters here that Zen-Ray has an excellent and very responsive sales/after sales service.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see that you had good customer service response as I am waiting for my shipment to come this week. My trip isn't until August 27 so I have time in case there is a problem in shipping.

Archived