Am I an addict?

Willie T

When do you say enough is enough about luggage? Decided yesterday I did'nt like the rolling duffle, so went off to find one more large suitcase, well....I sorta bought another set of three. ooops! But these are spinners!

As long as my luggage actually closes, I don't care WHAT it looks like or how it rolls!

Once you get there, you won't be using the bags anyway! If there was a way to lock it, I'd pack in a laundry basket!

Is there a "suitcase anonymous?"

As long as it's on wheels it works for me. I've had carpal tunnel syndrome and I had surgery 2 years ago. Then I had a relapse and I've been in physical therapy for my wrist problems. I cannot carry anything heavy. I haven't dragged anything heavy for a while so I hope next time we travel, I don't have problems. At least on wheels I don't have to carry all the weight.

I did the same thing...didn't like the rolling duffle so I went to buy another suitcase. I got a VERY LARGE suticase. That sucker is huge. Only one though, not 3, but I would have bought 3 if the deal was right!!!

:) I'm definitely a luggage addict. So much so that I'm working part time in a luggage store. The stuff is very high end, no Samsonite or American Tourister in sight!

I'm learning so much that I never knew before. We have an employee purchase day in December and I plan on getting some new stuff then. I've had a couple pieces of Victorinox for several years, happily that is our biggest seller. Tumi and Bric's, Hartmann and Rimowa are other lines we carry. Rimowa would be excellent for anyone with carpal tunnel, it's on caster wheels, all 4 sides and the lightest weight luggage around.

Soon we will be getting a line called French 1946, it was originally called French and owned by Luis Vuitton. I can't wait to see it, the sample fabric and photos came in today, it is gorgeous. Here is their web site: http://frenchluggage.com/ShopFrenchLuggage.asp

I change my mind every night which line to buy :rolleyes:

Count me among those who don't really care what it looks like as long as all the zippers and such work and it does what I need it to do. The only reason I would care what the luggage looked like is for it to be easily spotted at the airport or luggage warehouse after disembarking a cruise.

I do want the lightest luggage I can afford, and wheels are no longer optional! And I do love my rolling duffles. Of course, I don't travel a lot (though the past couple of months would not reflect that).

I am not alone. Whew! Happy ks, does Walmart count as high end? I think I'am under control now. By the way, has anyone seen the luggage on HSN with the drawers? Nice. (by the way, I thought of that years ago, dang.)

Probably 3/4 packed for my cruise in 8 DAYS with my new luggage!

Yikes, I don't think Walmart would carry anything we have in the store :o . Most of our carry on pieces start at around $200, suitcases are anywhere from $300 to well over $1000 each :eek:

Even on our employee discount day (we do get a regular discount, but not nearly the same) I doubt I'll be able to afford much!

I've learned there is definitely a difference between high end and low end, though. It's like the difference between MacDonalds and a 5 star restaurant, or the cheapest Hyundai vs a Mercedes. I'm far closer to the MacDonalds/Hyundai budget :p

Archived