Tux Rental

I think what Yogi is saying is that every year, the number of men in true tuxedo's keeps going down. I don't think he is saying it is good or bad. I agree that each year it seems that there are fewer and fewer men in tuxedo's on a cruise.........no I don't count either.......just with my eyes.

My problem is that someone comes here looking for information, thinks it is more formal than it really is and then comes away with the wrong impression either about RC or Cruise Critic.......

Yes cruises will vary.........my 2004 Panama Canal cruise had 80% of the men in tuxes, but my 2006 Panama Canal Cruise probably had only 20% of the men in tuxes..........go figure.

Sometimes as lost romantics........(and I'm one and it is ok to be that LOL) we get caught up in what we would like it to be or what it once used to be........and not what the reality is.

See I really think it varies from sailing to sailing my Panama in March 2007 I would say was at least 70% tuxes and even on smart casual night the majority were in suits or at least a sports jacket.

Smart casual........now there is another topic..........:) and we have discussed this before.......there has been absolutely NO smart casual nights on my last 3 RC cruises.......Panama Canal 15 day, Eastern Caribbean 8 day and 9 day Canada/New England.......not even mentioned in the cruise compass..........

While I have no doubt, it does exist on certain cruises.........I wish RC would get it's act together so we know what information to pass out on cruise critic.....LOL!;)

Smart casual........now there is another topic..........:) and we have discussed this before.......there has been absolutely NO smart casual nights on my last 3 RC cruises.......Panama Canal 15 day, Eastern Caribbean 8 day and 9 day Canada/New England.......not even mentioned in the cruise compass..........

While I have no doubt, it does exist on certain cruises.........I wish RC would get it's act together so we know what information to pass out on cruise critic.....LOL!;)

They had them on our Alaska Serenade in August though you wouldn't have known it to look at anyone.:cool:

I think what Yogi is saying is that every year, the number of men in true tuxedo's keeps going down.

Yes, that is precisely the point!

I challenge anyone to provide definitive statistics that over 50% of men on ANY cruise wear tuxedos on formal night.

Yes, that is precisely the point!

I challenge anyone to provide definitive statistics that over 50% of men on ANY cruise on RCCL wear tuxedos on formal night.

In addition, I totally stand by my comment that on the typical RCCL cruise, less than 5% (maybe less than 2%) wear tuxedos.

They had them on our Alaska Serenade in August though you wouldn't have known it to look at anyone.:cool:

I hear ya.........that may be the whole point of Yogi's premise.:)

I hear ya.........that may be the whole point of Yogi's premise.:)

Yea but formal nights everyone was dressed to the nines. But the casual and smart casual were very casual on that cruise, and only that cruise. :D

Yea but formal nights everyone was dressed to the nines. But the casual and smart casual were very casual on that cruise, and only that cruise. :D

As I think we agree..........it depends on the cruise........my last 3 cruises not everyone was dressed to the nines..........of course.......I guess it depends on your definition of nines.:D

I will say even on formal night.........very nice dress, including suits for most men........just not tuxes.......

Again my point and only my point is that it seems to vary so much by cruise that any definitive answer to this is impossible........I just don't want new cruisers to get the wrong impression one way or the other based on my cruise experience or anyone elses cruise experience. (The mileage you get may vary LOL!)

But I do feel comofortable in that the standards we all cruised by even 3 years ago have been relaxed..........why is another thread and discussion.

By the way Sue........my first cruise out of NY is next October........all help would be appreciated...........Manhatten sure is proud of their hotel rates:D

Ask away, yes NY is expensive but we have been booking for next year and London and I freaked. The cheap places are 200$ a night. :eek::eek: and those are like the Motel 8's. The exchange rate is miserable.

Are you going out of Bayonne or Manhattan?

Bayonne

And here is the kicker.......I've never been to NY other than to catch the old Nordic Prince in the 80's.......

We really would like to go in for 2 or 3 days and see NY.........just don't want it to cost more than the cruise:D

Bayonne

And here is the kicker.......I've never been to NY other than to catch the old Nordic Prince in the 80's.......

We really would like to go in for 2 or 3 days and see NY.........just don't want it to cost more than the cruise:D

I would stay in NJ and take the Path trains over to do the touring. Cheaper hotels and you still get the experience and get to see the city.

I would stay in NJ and take the Path trains over to do the touring. Cheaper hotels and you still get the experience and get to see the city.

That is kinda what we are thinking in what limited research we have done.......I'll post my email to you in a couple of days and we can discuss NY off line...........

Sorry about getting off topic...........now where is my tux?:) I'll find ya on the boards sometime this week and give you my email.

Thanks.

then you are sailing with a bunch of slobs,

Because less than 5% of the men wear tuxedos, you say that we are saying that we sail with a bunch of "slobs?"

Sorry, Sue, but then I am a slob. I always wear my dark suit to formal nights with no problem.

I think you are being a tad judgmental....

BTW, do you wear a tuxedo???:D

In addition, I totally stand by my comment that on the typical RCCL cruise, less than 5% (maybe less than 2%) wear tuxedos.

Guess we weren't on the typical RCCL to Bermuda in Oct. because there were FAR more than 5% wearing tuxedos.

insertimage.gif

10/15/07

IMG_1336.jpg.03949cf354a789fe507da204b3cd48d2.jpg

That is kinda what we are thinking in what limited research we have done.......I'll post my email to you in a couple of days and we can discuss NY off line...........

Sorry about getting off topic...........now where is my tux?:) I'll find ya on the boards sometime this week and give you my email.

Thanks.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Because less than 5% of the men wear tuxedos, you say that we are saying that we sail with a bunch of "slobs?"

Sorry, Sue, but then I am a slob. I always wear my dark suit to formal nights with no problem.

I think you are being a tad judgmental....

BTW, do you wear a tuxedo???:D

I apologize if I came across that way (haven't had a cig in 20 days) a little tense. In any case I think any cruise of 3000 assuming half men, I think there would be more then 30 with tuxes (2%). And no I wear full length gowns and hubby wears the tux.

I apologize if I came across that way (haven't had a cig in 20 days) a little tense. In any case I think any cruise of 3000 assuming half men, I think there would be more then 30 with tuxes (2%). And no I wear full length gowns and hubby wears the tux.

Some days on CC just makes you want to light up doesn't it:rolleyes: Congrats on the 20 days........one day at a time.........

Archived