Southern Carribean in January--- Adventure or Serenade???

dyad1978

I've finally decided to go with RCCL for a Southern Carribean cruise in January. My sister and I are in our mid-20s and trying to decide between the Adventure of the Seas and Serenade of the Seas.

Both itineraries and ships seem great, and we are looking for some input as to which route/ship you guys would go with and why?

Thanks,

Daniel

I've finally decided to go with RCCL for a Southern Carribean cruise in January. My sister and I are in our mid-20s and trying to decide between the Adventure of the Seas and Serenade of the Seas.

Both itineraries and ships seem great, and we are looking for some input as to which route/ship you guys would go with and why?

Thanks,

Daniel

as far as ship, I would do Adventure, more to do, more offered, bigger ship..... (imo) and route? Depends....We have done both and love them both! Just do a little research on excursions and the like and it may be easier for you.

Happy cruising! :D

You can read other posts on this topic, but I would prefer Serenade if you are looking for a slightly quieter experience. Adventure has more kids, more locals (read PR), and therefore more activity.

Been on both - love both - but will be on Serenade again in December for the reasons listed above.

Good Luck!!

BRL

Ah, but if you are Diamond, only the Adventure has a Concierge Lounge!

Serenade has a Concierge Lounge and it is MUCH better than Adventure's. It is on deck 10 right next to the Centrum Elevators with a wall of glass giving it a beautiful view!!

Serenade has a Concierge Lounge and it is MUCH better than Adventure's. It is on deck 10 right next to the Centrum Elevators with a wall of glass giving it a beautiful view!!

I agree with this statement and will add that, IMHO, Maritza is one of the best, if not the best Concierge RCI has.

Each ship has it's good points. If the itinerary is the same then you need to figure our what your preferences would be. Compare the amenities of each ship and see which ones appeal to you more. That's the ship I'd go with. Serenade is more sedate and Adventure is more action (generally speaking).

We've sailed both the AOS and the Serenade, I would pick the Serenade.

Everyone should experience a Voyager class ship but I did not think the AOS was one of the better Voyager class ships. Food and service were better on Serenade, concierge lounge was better. Serenade was more elegant.

Thanks for all the responses.

Sounds like most people are voting for Serenade.

I had called RCCL directly yesterday, and explained that we are in our 20s, and want a nice ship/experience, but want to have fun at the same time, and they seemed to be pushing AOS over SOS.

Sounds like SOS is a nicer ship, better food, more elegant, but AOS may be a little more action packed and have more kids. Is that right??

Decisions Decisions!

I'm in my late 20s and much prefer the Radiance class (and Serenade) over the Voyager class (and AOS). It's not that the Voyager class is bad in any way, it's just that I prefer the combination of elegance and activities and options that the Radiance class has over that of the Voyager class.

I think the food choices are better on the Radiance class, especially over AOS which only has one specialty restaurant. I like the Vortex nightclub in the Viking Crown Lounge over the disco on the Voyager class ships. I like the Seaview Cafe on Serenade over Johnny Rockets on AOS. I like the thermal suite on the Serenade, which AOS does not have at all. I like the covered solarium pool on Serenade over the open air solarium on the Voyager class. I do miss the Cafe Promenade that the Voyager class has and Radiance class doesn't and the Ice Show is amazing on the Voyager class (Radiance class doesn't have an ice rink) but there are so many more positives IMO to the Radiance class over the Voyager class.

I've been following this thread. We have sailed on 3 different Voyager Class ships, Adventure, Voyager and Navigator. We loved them all. We will be on the Serenade this coming January and can't wait to try the Radiance class. I don't think the original poster can go wrong either way!

Eric

I had called RCCL directly yesterday, and explained that we are in our 20s, and want a nice ship/experience, but want to have fun at the same time, and they seemed to be pushing AOS over SOS.

Sounds like SOS is a nicer ship, better food, more elegant, but AOS may be a little more action packed and have more kids. Is that right??

Decisions Decisions!

In January both ships will be sedate. Not to many people traveling with kids that time of year. If you go early in the month you may find some college kids traveling with their parents.

Decisions Decisions!

If some posters are correct RCI has been having problems filling the AOS, resulting in some "firesales" for SJ locals. I can see why they might be pushing the AOS...they need to fill the ship with full fare paying pax so they don't have to discount too many cabins. :rolleyes:

Hi, We are in our 50's and have been on 2 Radiance class ships including SOS. We have also been on all the Voyager class ships. We prefer the Voyager class mainly because of the Promenade and the ice shows. Just gives you a place to take a nice walk in the ship. Also a different type of show to see. Coffee shop is nice too. The parades are cool. They have little activities there that go on days at sea. There is a pool that is for adults so you can escape the children. Just seems like more to do even for us old farts. AOS is elegant and a beautiful ship. Last 2 cruises were on Radiance class so we are returning to the AOS in FEB. Can't go wrong with either though.

To the OP, I'm really psyched about our first Serenade cruise next March, esp. after reading all the comparisons to Adventure (which I cruised in '05). Adventure is an amazing ship but I enjoyed Enchantment (though smaller w/ less to do) more because it seemed a bit more elegant. Serenade seems the perfect middle ground, more clubs etc. and more outdoor stuff then Enchantment (though Serenade's pool deck is less grand apparently), but with a beautiful Centrum and lots of views.

But blah blah....my reason for writing is to suggest to you that if you do choose Adventure, perhaps you should avoid a stateroom too far forward or aft. My ex wife and I were as far aft as possible for an interior and the walking was quite a chore. If it were me, I would try to book a stateroom close to the center of the ship, favoring forward because the free coffee and snacks are at the front of the Royal Promenade!!!

Archived