Is the walk through rainforest a must for cave tubing?

UHHS

I have read many reviews on the board. Most of the cave tubing tours include carrying your own tube and walk 45 mins through the rainforest. Amandachit mentioned that they only walked for 20 mins on wide trail. I have 3 children, age 4, 7 and 9. Should I consider a customized tour without the 45 mins walk instead of going with the crowd? Will we miss a lot in terms of the scenery in the rainforest? Besides the cave tubing tour, what else do you recommend us to do in same day? Thanks for your information.

I think it depends on how many caves you tube through. On our tour last year the guys asked our group of about 24 if we wanted to go through an extra cave, which made the walk a little longer. I think we walked about 30 minutes.

I'm 62 and I didn't think it was a hard walk at all, even carrying the tube, but I am lucky not to have any health problems or disabilities, and I walk almost daily for exercise. It was a little up and down, just a fairly wide dirt path with some rocks and roots and one place you have to clamber down some rocks. It was slightly muddy that day.

I honestly think any 7 or 9 year old should have no trouble at all--probably be racing ahead. The four-year-old might get tired, if they're not used to much walking, but the guides will help if needed.

As far as I know you do have to walk to get to the tubing.

Some of the ship tours might not take kids that age, while most private tours will.

The walk in the rain forest was interesting, but not something that can't be missed. We didn't really stop much to look at things, though the guides did tell about a few of the plants. Depending on how long you are in port, the tubing trip takes quite a while, since it's an hour or so drive each way. We had time for some shopping back at the port, but that's about all.

Just returned from Belize and did this excursion. The walk is not bad at all. The path is wide and well kept. You do cross the river once and there is a rope to hold if you need to, the water was abouth thigh high on me(I'm 6'3") but not too swift. I really didn't check my watch but I would guess it took 30 to 40 minutes(we went up to put in above the second cave).

You might want to make sure they'll even take 3 and 4 year olds, and if they do these little ones might need to be carried quite a bit. Our guides actually carried all of the tubes for us at one point so that may not be an issue either.

Have a great trip.

Do you just walk into the water or do you have to jump in from a ledge or cliff:confused:

It is up to you, We had a 10 or 12 foot ledge to jump off of if we wanted.:D You could also walk down to the edge of the river and just slide in.

We saw a Carnival group putting in as well and they had a large rock to jump in from, 4 feet or so off the water, but could also just walk in to the water from shore.

It is up to you, We had a 10 or 12 foot ledge to jump off of if we wanted.:D You could also walk down to the edge of the river and just slide in.

We saw a Carnival group putting in as well and they had a large rock to jump in from, 4 feet or so off the water, but could also just walk in to the water from shore.

Thanks, I just read your review also. I have a back issue so it will depend on how I feel that day if I jump or slid:p

Archived