Nautica room 4038

doggylover

I would really like the answer to this question also - or perhaps, more importantly, any that you DIDN'T like.

Since I'm looking at a cruise that only has one at sea day over two weeks I can forgo the balcony or window. Some of the interior locations, however, concern me. I'm afraid of the potential for noise.

Can you tell us any (inside) cabin number that was either quiet :) or noisy :mad: ?

Thanks!

We had booked ourselves in Cabin 4038 on our last cruise, but we gave it up to a fellow Cruise Critic member who had a greater need - she had broken her ankle and with her cast, she needed additional space to maneuver around. She did, however, let us see what we were giving up - the cabin, compared to the other inside cabins, was huge - big enough to accommodate a wheelchair. And the restroom was big as well. Instead of a corner showerstall with its wrap around shower curtain, there was a nice big shower with plenty of floor space.

Location is great - low and central on the ship makes it very stable in heavy seas and it's an easy roll or walk to the reception desk and the gangway. Aside from the flow of passengers headed to and from the gangway on port days, it's relatively quiet - equally far from the stern propellers and from the bow thrusters. If you're an early riser (or would like to be), the inside cabins at the front of the ship are optimal if you want to feel the vibrations from the bow thrusters and hear the rattle of the anchor chains every time the ship makes port. :p

Archived