Clothes for my boys! So Excited!!

bassclari

Sorry, I know this is a subject that has been beaten to death...but I am just so excited.

We are taking our 2 boys on their first cruise, and being country kids, they did not have a lot of dress-up clothes. I had visions of paying mega money for dress clothes for the kids.

I went to Value Village (not sure if it in the States, but definitely in Canada), and for $49 I got a suit, 4 pairs of dress pants, 2 vests and a tie for my kids. The most expensive item was $13...for the suit (jacket and pants!).

The boys thought it was great to play dress-up in all their "new" clothes.

Good deal! (I know Value Village but I'm from Canada, it may not count :D) and good to hear your boys are enjoying getting dressed in a suit, they will look great, I'm sure!

I love Value Village. My youngest was parading around in a tie and vest (that didn't match by the way), proclaiming that his look was "Classic, just classic". Too funny!

I think it's great that you chose to embrace the requested attire AND found fantastic deals (I've not heard of Value Village, but I think I wish we had one!). And I love your boys' attitude about being excited about dressing up. We live in the city, but still don't have many dress up occasions. Even our church is a shorts and jeans kind of place. Dressing up is just one of the many things that makes cruising so special to us.

I'm sure you guys will enjoy cruising as a family, and be sure to get family photos taken with everyone dressed up. You aren't under any obligation to buy them, but if one turns out that you really like, it's one of the best souvenirs there is. And you can get a photo release to have it copied legally (so don't buy any huge packages on the ship).

from OKC..2 there.. Got the family TUX at one in Anc, AK, for $35 for the entire set. It has been worn more than enuff to pay for the rental on just a jacket. Hubby n I are the same size shoulders..pant selections are optional for me, sometimes a pencil velvet skirt, others chiffon CW pants, and of course diff camis, tubes,shirts and dickies...after boys have outgrown..EBAY all of it.

from OKC..2 there.. Got the family TUX at one in Anc, AK, for $35 for the entire set. It has been worn more than enuff to pay for the rental on just a jacket. Hubby n I are the same size shoulders..pant selections are optional for me, sometimes a pencil velvet skirt, others chiffon CW pants, and of course diff camis, tubes,shirts and dickies...after boys have outgrown..EBAY all of it.

WHERE????

You didnt say how old your boys are?? I am guessing they are very young. My son is 15 and loves clothes!!

Im wondering if on our 12 night cruise on casual nights if he can wear dark indigo armani jeans and a nice button down with a blazer? He is very into that GQ look these days.

You didnt say how old your boys are?? I am guessing they are very young. My son is 15 and loves clothes!!

Im wondering if on our 12 night cruise on casual nights if he can wear dark indigo armani jeans and a nice button down with a blazer? He is very into that GQ look these days.

It depends on the line. Sounds fine for RCCL.

My boys are 9 and 11 years. They are normally jeans and t's kids, so the dressing up is kind of foreign to them, but will definitley make our trip special. They keep trying on their "new" clothes, with different shirts, with different pants, and then giving a little fashion show for whoever will watch. Too cute! And, I won't be letting them pack jeans, so that won't even be an option (If you saw the way they wear out their clothes you would know why! Grass stains eventually do not come out!).

And, I intend on taking full advantage of the photos on board. My aunt and her family had photos taken and they are just gorgeous. And really, the cost isn't that much more than if we were to get the "special package" at the local portrait studio. By the time you add the extra sheets in of all the really good photos, you are paying an arm and a leg.

I am just so excited!! Thanks all! Love "talking" to everyone!!

Archived