Crown Princess

Kudos2Fly

I may be cruising Crown Princess in Dec 08 with my husbands family. We mainly have been on Carnival, Royal Carribean, and Celebrity. Carnival being my favorite so far.

What is Princess like for a group of 20 or so people traveling to together? Is there traditional dinning? Is there plenty of places to dance? Our age group is between 20-79 and a 2 year old (probably will be going).

I have herd Princess is more upscale and caters to a older crowd.

I'm going with my family so we will have fun anyways. But not sure if the cruise will be to stuffy..

On our Golden P. cruise back in '05 on the last day, a 75 y/o lady said to my then 43 y/o wife, " We're too young for this crowd". We actually met her & her family snorkeling. Check out the deck plans you'll find a few venues for dancing especially Skywalkers. There are locations for the young and old. I wouldn't say that Princess is more "upscale", I've had the same service on all my cruises, check my signature. Do me a favour? Check out the 'counter' in the Crown Grill and let me know if you think it'd be good for a Chef, (me) to eat at.

To the OP-Have you read any of the member reviews for the Crown? There are plenty of "things" to do for all ages. The two year old, I believe will be too young for the kids programs, so someone probably will be trading off watching him/her. In fact there are so many "things" to do you won't be able to do them all. As far as dinner goes do you all have the same confirmed dinner time? or do you all have anytime? With that large of a group I am sure you won't all want to eat at the same time or same place, so split up and meet at a show or trivia, etc. Happy cruising.:)

I may be cruising Crown Princess in Dec 08 with my husbands family. We mainly have been on Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Celebrity. Carnival being my favorite so far.

What is Princess like for a group of 20 or so people traveling to together? Is there traditional dinning? Is there plenty of places to dance? Our age group is between 20-79 and a 2 year old (probably will be going).

I have herd Princess is more upscale and caters to a older crowd.

I'm going with my family so we will have fun anyways. But not sure if the cruise will be to stuffy..[/quote

DH and I just got off the Crown on 11/03/07. Did not find nearly as much to do as RCI, Carnival or Celebrity.

Honestly, not more upscale than ANY of those in which I have sailed. Not saying it was bad, just different.

There are places to dance, and traditional dining, as well as anytime dining. The 3 dining rooms are small and not as formal as the other cruise lines (IMHO) Buffet area is very difficult to maneuver.

Our sailing, however, was filled with pax of all ages...very young to very very old.

You will have a wonderful time being with your family. .

The Crown Princess is a big, beautiful ship with alot to offer. Im thinking that if someone has trouble finding something to do, anytime of day or night, then they arent looking. Even with three days at sea we could not find time to do everything we wanted to do. We even found the buffet open at 2am for the bedtime munchies.

Travelling with a group of 12, we were always accommodated together (two tables for six, together) for Anytime dining. Although the Buffet can be frustrating, you wont have to wait in line to get in.

I LOVED the Crown Princess. It is great for all age groups.

They have traditional and Anytime Dining. If you are a group of 20, book EARLY so you can ask for traditional dining - there is only one restaurant for traditional diners. Make sure all your reservations are cross referenced and request two or three tables for all. ( think the max you can sit at a table is 10).

I prefer Anytime DIning - we did that with a group of 14 and it worked otu well, because some of the people didn't want to eat in the dining room at all, so not having to be tied down to the group for dinner worked out well.

Archived