March 29 Grand - Spring Break crowds

sunshineminnie

I'm wondering the same thing. We've cruised for the past 3 or 4 years during March 24-31 and the crowds of kids were huge, but that's been when Easter was in April.

I'm not sure how it's going to go this year since Easter is on March 22. I think most kids are out March 22-29. Our district is out from March 22-April 6but that's not the norm. We're also cruising on the same date as you & we're hoping for less kids. Our kids are even hoping for less kids! :D

I posted to this earlier but the board is really acting up this morning, ARGH!

Yes, expect lots of kiddies and teens on these sailings. Especially those 7-10 days in length. Easter falls the last week in March in 2008 which will mean ships full of little and not so little ones.

Toto, last I checked, Easter was on the second to last weekend in March, not the last weekend. ;) Unless something has changed that I'm not aware of, it's still on March 22. :confused:

Most kids will be out from March 22-29, but of course, there's college kids out at all different times & different school schedules let kids out at different times now. I do think the March 22 cruises will be the most full when it comes to kids.

Actually, the site I use to tell me when Easter is says it is on March 23rd.

Dates for Easter

But even then, the ships will be full of kiddies as different school systems break at different times. Even into the beginning of April, the ships will have a large amount of kids onboard. We usually sail the first week in April, even when Easter falls the last couple of weeks in March, and have never sailed when the ship didn't have an abundance of kids onboard that time of year.

Spring Break runs from early March until late April these days,,,year round school, colleges, different states all have very different break schedules,,in the old days it was the week before Esater..now some districts even have 2 weeks off,,I love kids,,but will not book when I feel the ships are full of kiddies,,,just not my preference,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:)

We are booked on this cruise as well. My wife is a Elementary School teacher, so ideally we would like to cruise with less kids for her benefit, but on our last spring break cruise, last year on the Grand out of Galveston, there were lots of kids, but it didn't really bother us at all. I would rather be with elementary-high school kids rather than college kids anyway.

We have only been on two cruises previously, but even though there are a good number of kids, it never bothered me.

By the way, doesn't Princess limit the number of guests below a certain age? I was thinking I read that on in previous posts.

Mike

By the way, doesn't Princess limit the number of guests below a certain age? I was thinking I read that on in previous posts.

Mike

No, not anymore. In 2000, they did limit the number of kids onboard and it was great. They were very strict about the limit too. For example, once there were 10 kids under 3 onboard, no more were allowed to book. They would not go above that number. Wish they'd re-instate that policy! :o

This really is the only date that seems to be working for us. Don't get me wrong. I love kids, have two of my own and am a Girl Scout leader/Volleyball coach. But this is my 40th Bday cruise with my best friend from high school and we are leaving the kiddos behind.

For anyone that has sailed around this time - can you get away for peace and quiet relaxing or are the munkins everywhere. We have late night traditional reserved, are there a lot of kids at that time?

I don't know what to dooooo!!!!!!:eek:

SSMinnie - there will be much fewer kids at the late dining. Most will be at early traditional dining, anytime dining, in the buffet or having pizza & burgers. I don't think you'll encounter problems in the dining room at all.

For us, it's always the kids in the hallways at 2:00 and 3:00 in the morning being incredibly loud. Or the adults walking past our cabin door that feel the need to laugh as loud as possible or yell to each other. We really love mid-ship, but think we'll head a little aft on our next Princess cruise to (hopefully) avoid some of the hallway noise.

You can avoid the kids, you just need to find out where they are and go the other way! :D Usually, it's the pool area, the ping pong tables and the video game arcade.

Archived