Adult formals at a decent price? offers plus size?

AmberMarie

My mom and I are so excited about our upcoming cruise. She has never been ANYWHERE and NEVER dresses up "formal" so we are going to have to buy her something before we leave.

Is there a formal dress website that is popular around this forum for plus-sized women at a good price?

Thank you. :)

I got two dresses on Ebay for under $100 for the both of them. Make sure you get bust, waist and hip measurements. Most of the sellers will post those measurements along with a size. The sizes vary from makeer to maker, but tyour measurements can give a pretty accurate picture of what will fit. I did one Buy it Now, so that I would be sure to have at least one dress, then I bid on another couple and won one of them.

This is what I bought....

693b_2.JPGd20c_2.JPG

there is a seller on ebay who I LOVE!! I go to her anytime I'm looking for a new dress/outfit/top for a special occasion or cruise!! (Ijust bought some new stuff for my upcoming Valor sailing too)

She is all about making Big Girls remember that they are BEAUTIFUL and SEXY too... :p (don't know how old your mom is, so she may not find something she likes) They constantly update their styles and get new things in. Right now they have more cocktail style dresses, but some more formal too. And they are way reasonable!

BUT--- Curvy Girl Clothing actually has an online store if you google them- or use this link to check out her ebay store-

http://stores.ebay.com/Curvy-Girl-Clothing

I have bought several dresses at Nordstrom online - from their sales.

I have paid as little as $35 - $60 for a long dress.

Here is a link to their website sale page for plus sizes - There are a couple of classic formals for under $60 if you scroll through the pages:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/C/6007558/0~2376788~6002242~6007533~6007558?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=leftnav&pbo=6007540

Nordstrom is having their half-yearly sale for women now too:D

If you search "plus size" (or, "Fluffy") in this board, you'll come up with lots of previous posts talking about where people have bought their dresses (search is in the upper right hand menu)

These would be dressy enough for formal night paired with an evening blouse, right?

http://www.onestopplus.com/clothing/Fluid-side-slit-pants.aspx?PfId=104253&DeptId=11606&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=0&viewall=1

Amber...I am new to cruising but ...from all I can gather those would be fine ...especially with a top like this one (I would like it in black)...found on the same site. There are several different ones that would work wonderfully. Also try Jessica London which is really the same co as this one.

I think I'm gonna order this one in black!! It's pure silk with beading.

0503_22350_mm.jpg.8041476da71bfe90ccbbe92c30bef517.jpg

Definitely they are appropriate for formal night with a dressy top (beaded, silk, crepe, etc)-

If your mother wears anywear between a 16W - 24W, JC Penney has a flyaway pants outfit at about double the cost of those pants and they also have it plus petite sizes (no shortening expense if she is shorter);

http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=2652&CatID=32192&CatTyp=DEP&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=SIZ&ItemID=11db1c6&ProdSeq=15&Cat=plus&Dep=Online+Outlet+Store&PCat=SPECIAL+SIZES&PCatID=29940&RefPage=ProductList&Sale=&ProdCount=197&RecPtr=&ShowMenu=&TTYP=&ShopBy=0&RefPageName=CategoryAll.aspx&RefCatID=29940&RefDeptID=2652&Page=99&CmCatId=2652|28554|29940|32192

Definitely they are appropriate for formal night with a dressy top (beaded, silk, crepe, etc)-

If your mother wears anywear between a 16W - 24W, JC Penney has a flyaway pants outfit at about double the cost of those pants and they also have it plus petite sizes (no shortening expense if she is shorter);

http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=2652&CatID=32192&CatTyp=DEP&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=SIZ&ItemID=11db1c6&ProdSeq=15&Cat=plus&Dep=Online+Outlet+Store&PCat=SPECIAL+SIZES&PCatID=29940&RefPage=ProductList&Sale=&ProdCount=197&RecPtr=&ShowMenu=&TTYP=&ShopBy=0&RefPageName=CategoryAll.aspx&RefCatID=29940&RefDeptID=2652&Page=99&CmCatId=2652|28554|29940|32192

Thanks! I wonder if they have those at the store so she can try on! :)

SilkButterfly-- I was thinking the same shirt would look good! :)

Archived