Hope some of you will check out my "IT Girl" Entry

SANDPEBBLES

To say I'm nervous is an understatement! :eek:

My video is under the "Funny Trait" category and just appeared for the first time today.

It's called "One Hot Baby Boomer."

Hope it makes folks smile! Thanks to anyone who takes time to view! :)

As I've posted before, I am in awe of all the girls who put themselves out there. It isn't easy to do. Good luck to each and every one of you!

I thought your video was great! Looked at several others too once I pulled the site up, the ones that were done by someone just putting a camera in a passenger's face obviously were not prepared. It looked like you put a lot of time and effort into your shots as they were taken at different scenes. Good luck!

Hi SANDPEBBLES,

Loved your video entry! It was witty and clever and I liked all the little vignettes. You're very eloquent and your theater background really shines through!

Your Halloween Medusa costume was extraordinary. I think it's really neat that you showed us how you spent your week freestyle cruising on the Sun.

Good luck. Hope you're one of the finalists!:D

Thanks, SnorklinBarb. After 25 years of teaching high school theatre and directing high school plays, it was time to put myself out there.

I may be retired but I'm not ready for pasture!

How I wish I could have filmed all the exciting things happening on the ship. Because of the rules, I felt limited to filming on our balcony, in our cabin, and on Bannister Island (Belize).

For those who haven't read the rules, they state that we must be able to verify we have releases for any voice on the video or any person(s) who enter a scene on the video. :eek:

Looking at the ones filmed on NCL ships by NCL staff, I guess those rules don't apply.

Anyway, I didn't want to take any chances so just limited everything to small, quiet places on the ship.

As anyone on the Halloween Sun cruise knows, the ship was ANYTHING but quiet. :D People were having a fantastic time.

Thanks again, Snorklin' Barb.

Ah, Angeljt! You're a hot baby boomer too! I'm so glad I'm not the only one dragging around a battery operated fan!

So glad the video made you laugh. That was my goal.

Oh, yes!!! A/C in the middle of winter is a necessity these days. ;)

I wish I bought stock in some of those fan companies before I bought so many. I guess we're just hot stuff!!! :D

The best way to find "One Hot Baby Boomer" is to click on the "Traits" Menu; then, click "Funny."

There are several funny videos. Don't know what page I'm on, but you won't have to go through lots and lots of pages. I'm standing on our balcony of the NCL Sun and wearing a green blouse.

Hope it makes you laugh. My goal was to poke a little fun at myself and the whole "personal summer" experience. :eek:

Angeljt, I can't stop laughing! Are you dwelling in meat locker temperatures like I am? I too will turn the A/C on in the middle of winter. Drives my husband crazy.

Have you resorted to sticking your head inside the freezer yet? :p

My poor hubby has also been driven to crazy by his crazy, hot wife. :D Yes, I have stood in front of the freezer with the door open, but there isn't room inside for my head!

We are in Massachusetts, and it's been pretty cold here. I bought a great little fan that plugs into my computer.

Angeljt, thanks so much for posting the link. Maybe other "hot baby boomers" can join us in laughing about our unwelcome meltdowns.

Even though this condition is something our age hands to us, it's no reason to stop having fun. We still cruise, still swim, still snorkel, still travel to far away places, still dress up like kids, and still live life to the fullest.

OMG! Can't believe you've done the freezer thing! You're posts are way too funny! :D

Snorklin'Barb, I hope the link works for everyone. It worked when I tried it.

Thanks again, Angeljt! :)

You're welcome, Sandpebbles! I guess we have to laugh about our meltdowns. I started in my early 40's, and it's been going on for 14 years, but mostly just at night now. It better end soon or I will melt away. Good thing I have a few extra pounds on me. :D

It's amazing how inventive we can get trying to cool down. My friends wear coats, while I'm sitting around in sleeveless shirts and shorts.

No, it is not a reason to stop having fun, and cruising sure helps with that. :D

How did you like the Sun? We've only been on the Dawn and Majesty, and have the Gem coming up in April.

We really enjoyed the Sun. It was our first time on this ship. We had a minisuite and loved all the extra space. Even though it's older than the Spirit, Jewel, and Pearl (other ships we've sailed), it has its own personality and charm. I would recommend you give it a try.

The Dawn and Majesty are two ships we're hoping to sail in the future. We have sailed the Crown and are sad to see it leave.

I love it that you have a Gem cruise scheduled! We're doing our very first transatlantic cruise on the Gem, leaving Barcelona on December 3. To say I'm excited is an understatement.

Like so many other people, my grandmother crossed in 1904. She was a mere 18 years old and traveled by herself. She spoke only Polish and arrived with $30, an American relative to sponsor her, and a world of dreams.

If she had not taken such a huge risk, I would not be enjoying the wonderful life I have today. There won't be a moment of the transatlantic crossing that I won't be thinking of her.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Sun so much. We like cruising out of NY or Boston for the convenience of not flying, but maybe we'll start flying again to experience some of the other ships. The Dream will be coming to Boston this year, so that might be an option after the Gem cruise.

We both loved the Majesty, even though it is also a smaller, older ship. For me, it has more character and is more intimate than the larger ships, but I like those too. I wish we had sailed the Crown before she moved on.

I'm sure your TA on the Gem will be wonderful, and you'll have those Atlantic Ocean breezes to keep you cool when you need it. Maybe you'll do a review.

Yes, my grandparents all came to Ellis Island by ship, and it is very emotional each time we sail by the Statue of Liberty on our cruises. Imagine how long it took back then, and I don't think they had any specialty restaurants either!

I'm sure your trip will bring you wonderful memories of your grandmother.

p1010027ze0.jpg

Archived