this may sound crazy but

wilson9112

My name on here is Wilson which was after my cat that I loved. I had to put my cat to sleep a this week and I cant stand seeing his name time after time. I'm beside myself. Can I change my name on here? Sorry guys, Im just too upset. I went to userpc but I dont see the option:(

I, too, tried to change my screen name, and when my hubby checked into it, seemed to be a really big hassle. He said it was so difficult that really wasn't worth the trouble.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your "fur baby" and hope maybe you can look at your screen name as a tribute to Wilson

Im sorry to hear how bad things are for you. Im having a pretty rough time myself so can sure sympathasize.

I would create a new username and just quit using this one, not sure you can change the name. You might have to use a different email addy to create a new name. If not I would contact one of the mods here and ask that the name be deleted.

I'm sorry for you loss!! My pets are as close to me as anything!!! We had to put down a beagle we were fostering over a year ago, and, as hard as it was, I made his picture my computer background at work, put pictures of him around the house and my desk. It REALLY helped me deal with the loss, and to never forget him. I am SOOOO glad I did that now, because I think of him now, and remember him fondly, not sadly.

So sorry on the loss of your pet.

You can change your name, just email one of the board moderators. (when on the Carnival main message page, scroll all the way to the bottom and there are three listed) I've had it done that way (made a typo when entering my name).

Thanks alot guys. I won't bother you guys with this question anymore because I guess I cant change it. Thanks again

You don't need to aplogize at all. There are many of us that know what your going thru. My family had to put down our Bosco this last july. He was 15. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. We all cried for 3 day's. My son, who is 23, is planning on getting a tatoo with the intials bR..we always called him Bosco Roberts. Anyway, I too agree that you should leave your screen name..it's a wonderful way to remember Wilson....

Our e-mail address is made up of our dog's name. He has been gone for over a year. At first I cried everytime I was on the computer but now it's comforting. We got a new computer 3 weeks ago and his photo is the wallpaper. It's comforting. Weird I know, but it helps keep him around -- if you know what I mean. I cried for weeks after Nemo died -- they are family. Don't feel bad. Time will help heal the hurt. I'm sorry about your pet.

Susan

So sorry for your loss. I had to put my dog to sleep almost a year ago and I still miss her every single day. I use variations of her name for my password in many sites, including at work. Like others have said, at first it was hard, but with time I've come to see it as a remembrance of her. But you should do what feels right for you! If that means changing it, then go ahead and ask the mods. Either way, my condolences and my heart go to you.

So sorry for your loss. I had to put my dog to sleep almost a year ago and I still miss her every single day. I use variations of her name for my password in many sites, including at work. Like others have said, at first it was hard, but with time I've come to see it as a remembrance of her. But you should do what feels right for you! If that means changing it, then go ahead and ask the mods. Either way, my condolences and my heart go to you.

Thanks everyone, I cannot express my thoughts now but I appreciate all. It is so sad but I have to remember him and every smile that you give will help me. Thanks again

My deepest condolences for your loss. It is very hard. We are a foster home to many animals and have adopted a few over the areas. We have also lost a few over the years since we tend to adopt and/or foster senior dogs. Over 3 years ago we put down my 1st adopted girl. It was very difficult but she was in unbelievable pain. She is my password and the picture you see with my screen name. It is a tribute to her and others for the love they shared with us. Remember the joy Wilson brought you. I hope you can change your name if it what you truly need to do. However if you decide to keep it then think of it as a loving tribute.

Barbara

Archived