Best deal-Any ship, time flexible

trixie54

I'm in an odd position of planning a warm winter cruise but don't care which line or ship as long as it's a large, newer one that's fun for young adults. My criteria is mainly low prices on 2 cabins (or family suite) & 1 must have balcony. We can sail anytime Jan.-early March, & "we" are a couple in our 50's & our daughter & pal in their 20's. We are spoiled by suites, so wouldn't rule 1 out if a good deal. Have been all over Caribbean, this must be accessible via Florida (not San Juan) to keep airfare from Minnesota low. Any advice out there?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, the time of year you are looking at is about the highest-priced time of the year for Caribbean cruises, and if you want the larger, newer ships, they will also command a high price....especially out of Florida. Also, Easter in 2005 is on March 27, so lots of Spring Breakers will be booking in March. Good luck!

The Carnival Triumph is another option to look into. It does a 7 night Eastern Carribbean out of Miami and is quite affordable. Its going to be larger than the NCL Sun if that matters much to you and I would imagine might be better for the 20 somethings in your party.

Trixi, if cost is the most important factor, the Costa Mediterranea, on January 15, 2005, is the least exspensive. The Ship will be only 2 yrs old, and is large. She sails out of

Ft. Lauderdale; at sea, Puerto Rico; St Thomas; Dominican Republic; Nassau. CLIA considers Costa a Luxury Line, but the Cruise Critic Reviews don't agree. However, her Cruise Fares are currently below Budget Fares.

If I could select any Ship for your family & pal, I would select the Caribbean Princess.

She is brand new with Rave Reviews. Movies Under the Stars, Disco in the Stars, Seminar Programs at Sea, Water Color Painting Lessons, Photography, Cooking, etc.. Princess is a Premium Cruise Line, with Excellent Service & Food.

Also, don't forget to check-out Cruise Critic's Group Cruise section. You will be guaranteed fun then! Good Luck. Marie

Archived