eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww

Just another black eye for Atlanta. Nice to have a capitol that sets the standard for the rest of the state :mad:

Knowing Atlanta Fox-4's penchant for airing 'hit pieces', I wonder how many maids were actually doing the job right and exchanging glassware. You'd never see this reported. . . :rolleyes:

Oh yeah. . . "EEEEEEEWWWWWWWW!!!!!!" "Wheres an icebucket?"

I don't see it giving Atlanta a black eye. This is not the only area that does this you can bet on that. I also don't have a problem with what was shown. If anything you can bet that all of the other major chains here know about and hopefully will be washing the glasses like they should have been in the first place.

Reminds me of when I worked in one restaurant (long closed) where they would take the leftover rolls from the breadbasket, the ones that people had picked over, and toss them back into the warming drawer to recycle and use again.

Sometimes I still get flashbacks when someone puts out a breadbasket.

Lots of yucky stuff goes on in this world.

My father, long ago in his college days, knew if a restaurant that did this. He and his college buddies would take the ketchup or whatever was available on the table and secretly fill the rolls. Therefore, the next people to bite into them would then also know that they were practicing this. :eek: He thinks he's a funny guy. :D

I am taking my bottled water with me every where I go/stay now.

I too have noticed that no where on the housecleaners cart are clean glasses. :(

And these were nice places they stayed at....:(

As for the YouTube and the dirtiest hotels. I find, the older I get, the more I'll pay for a nicer room/hotel. Course, that doesn't mean the water glasses will be any better as we just found out. But, it does mean, that there is a 99.9% chance, that I wouldn't even book one of those icky places. Ever. I'd rather sleep in my car or the airport.

Trip Advisor is your friend. :) http://www.tripadvisor.com/

You could just always tear up the remaining bread in your basket when done to make them "unusable".

Or take the bread/rolls home with you like I do, and feed it to the birds in the backyard. That way the food isn't wasted and the bread can't be 'recycled' for the next customers. :)

Thanks for posting this. It isn't anything that I didn't already suspect went on in hotel rooms! At a previous hotel stay at the Radisson in Miami we found "body hair" could have been chest hair cound have been back hair, could have been pubic hair when we pulled our bedding back. Odviously housekeeping just came in and made the bed and DID NOT change the bedding!! The toilet had more pubic hair on it! :eek: I freaked out and asked to me moved to a CLEAN ROOM, which I would inspect before moving my luggage!!!! :mad: Needless to say the new room was "eye clean" but I still don't take chances with ANYTHING that would go into my mouth. I drink bottled water only and only rinse my mouth with mouthwash NOT water from the tap, on an airplane, a cruise ship or in a hotel!!! I also pack antibacterial wipes for spot cleaning that I know my body will come in contact with such as the toilet seat, the telephone, the remote control, door knobs etc. and I wash my hand all the time and care hand sanitizer with everywhere. If I still get sick then I guess it is out of my hands. But, I still do the little things to prevent illness.

They do bring up a good point in the video. How many times do you see the housekeeping cart with clean glasses loaded up? It also has me thinking about the cruise ships. I will look closely next week on board the Navigator.

A couple years ago my DH told me they weren't changing the glasses in our stateroom on a cruise. I didn't believe him so I put a dab of pink nail polish on the bottom of the glass and sure enough, six days went by and that same glass was always there. I made sure i left it out as if used even put a touch of lipstick on the rim, but it was never changed. i do not use the glasses in either hotels or on cruise ships anymore. only the wrapped disposable plastic ones.

also the next cruise you take check out what they do (not all waiters, but a lot) with the silverware they remove from your table between courses. they assume they are unused and put them back in with the clean stuff. they're not always clean:eek:

One thing worth noting: Most bacteria cannot survive more than a few hours on a dry surface. So the biggest thing to worry about is a wet glass, or one that is rim down on a damp surface, or taking a room soon after being cleaned. Guess there's one advantage to late check in ;). Also explains why some of this nastiness doesn't make more people sick.

One thing worth noting: Most bacteria cannot survive more than a few hours on a dry surface. So the biggest thing to worry about is a wet glass, or one that is rim down on a damp surface, or taking a room soon after being cleaned. Guess there's one advantage to late check in ;). Also explains why some of this nastiness doesn't make more people sick.

Also keep in mind that our bodies need immense quantities of bacteria to survive. There is plenty of good bacteria out there. :)

Also keep in mind that our bodies need immense quantities of bacteria to survive. There is plenty of good bacteria out there. :)

Yeah, but that kind is mostly found in yogurt :D. And as long as you're not taking anti-biotics or eating a nasty diet your existing flora will keep up with demand pretty well.

But it is true that of all the bacteria out there in the world only a small proportion of it is toxic to us.

Always disposable cups from home.

Wipes.

Never use comforter (take off bed) and avoid blanket close to face. Have seen blood on covers before.

If driving bring sheet to lay under us and a throw blanket to throw over me.

Check headboard and mattress seams for bed bugs.

Don't forget to look under bed. In Vegas someone found a dead body there.

Avoid older hotels due to mold and bacteria that grows in air conditioning vents and walls.

Never use coffee makers.

Never take baths in hotel bathtubs.

Wash hands often. Has anyone mentioned how clean hotel towels are? Maybe disposable towels are in order.

Actually airplanes are the concern for me. Never know what you are exposed to for hours at a time.

Laura

I've worked in the travel industry most of my adult life and there are many, many things that I recommend one never do in a hotel/cruise room. They've pretty much all been mentioned here but always bear repaeating...never ever, ever lie down on a hotel bedspread. its disgusting. The first thing I do in a room is take the bedspread right off! On another thread I mentioned bringing plastic cups and they laughed at me, now y'all know why I bring them every single trip. I usually bring a small pack of disposable "mr. clean" rags and do a quick wipe of the toilet seat as well.

I'm no germaphobe, but there's nothing wrong with being a little smart about a place where thousands of people have "been". I am prone to catching other people's colds and since I have a lung disease, it takes me a long time to recover from most sickness. Better to take just a moment's time than waste an entire vacation.

Always disposable cups from home.

Wipes.

Never use comforter (take off bed) and avoid blanket close to face. Have seen blood on covers before.

If driving bring sheet to lay under us and a throw blanket to throw over me.

Check headboard and mattress seams for bed bugs.

Don't forget to look under bed. In Vegas someone found a dead body there.

Avoid older hotels due to mold and bacteria that grows in air conditioning vents and walls.

Never use coffee makers.

Never take baths in hotel bathtubs.

Wash hands often. Has anyone mentioned how clean hotel towels are? Maybe disposable towels are in order.

Actually airplanes are the concern for me. Never know what you are exposed to for hours at a time.

Laura

If I have to do all of this then I will stay at home. Too much work.:)

Archived