Doc Dance for Capetown Cruise

NJBelle

Is anyone else on the Capetown - Capetown cruise leaving on December 22 on the Silver Cloud? We just got our Silver Box today and the excitement countdown begins......

NJBelle

Hi NJB...

We're getting off the ship when you're getting on. If you find that there's no cachaca (brazilian rum) on board you can probably blame me. :)

CASHIPman: I see that you rated your Panama Canal voyage in 2005 only three stars. Is it because of the Seabourne ship or the itinerary? Any advice on a similar Panama Canal itinerary on the Shadow? I gathered that for this itinerary, other than the canal crossing, which is the focal point of the voyage, the other ports are not spectacular. So other than the canal, enjoyment of the ship itself needs to be an important factor. Since the voyage is 15 days including 8 sea days, in a sense it is like an Atlantic crossing. It covers as many knots and as many sea days, so one should consider it an equivalent to an ocean crossing with the excitement of going through one of the three major man made transportation conduits. At the turn of the millennium, we crossed the Chunnel on the train from Paris to London, now we are looking forward to the Panama, and we would rather avoid the Suez!

CASHIPman, so you are a mojito boy! Well, I am a champagne girl, so just make sure they have plenty chilled for me!

Since I hear the cruises are all sold out, I know SOMEONE will be on this cruise with us, but was just hoping that it would be CC'ers in part.

Best, Janice

CASHIPman: I see that you rated your Panama Canal voyage in 2005 only three stars. Is it because of the Seabourne ship or the itinerary? Any advice on a similar Panama Canal itinerary on the Shadow? I gathered that for this itinerary, other than the canal crossing, which is the focal point of the voyage, the other ports are not spectacular. So other than the canal, enjoyment of the ship itself needs to be an important factor. Since the voyage is 15 days including 8 sea days, in a sense it is like an Atlantic crossing. It covers as many knots and as many sea days, so one should consider it an equivalent to an ocean crossing with the excitement of going through one of the three major man made transportation conduits. At the turn of the millennium, we crossed the Chunnel on the train from Paris to London, now we are looking forward to the Panama, and we would rather avoid the Suez!

Hi Meow...That Seabourn cruise was not up to their usual standards. The food was inconsistent, the service was the same. For example, we had dinner one evening with the cruise director (who doubled as the entertainer) and both the food and the company were very disappointing.

The ports are great if you're into eco-tourism. If not, they can get a bit repetitive. The Panama Canal though? SPECTACULAR!!!!

Had this been my first Seabourn cruise, it would've been my last but I know this was an anomaly for the line.

Having said that, I do prefer the Silversea and the Silversea ships but I look forward to the Seabourn Odyssey coming on line.

CASHIPman, so you are a mojito boy! Well, I am a champagne girl, so just make sure they have plenty chilled for me!

Since I hear the cruises are all sold out, I know SOMEONE will be on this cruise with us, but was just hoping that it would be CC'ers in part.

Best, Janice

Caipirinhas! Cachaca, simple syrup, crushed lime, crushed ice. :)

Archived