How to tell which cabins on the Norwegian Gem have portholes vs normal windows?

tripman

I'm trying to figure out which cabins have portholes and which have normal picture windows for the various oceanview cabins on the Norwegian Gem. I know the obstructed views are those near the lifeboats. But it isn't clear which cabins that do not have obstructions still may have portholes. The brochure isn't any help because it just says an entire category MAY have a porthole. And I've tried to look at pictures, tons of pictures, and it still isn't all that clear. I would appreciate some help. I think the category F or FF or something like that (they are yellow colored, on deck 5, near the very front of the ship). Any help is appreciated.

On NCL.com, on the stateroom descriptions, it identifies categories H, HH, and F as having portholes, cat. G as obstructed, and EE, DD, and CC as picture windows. Looking at the deck plan, that appears to line up pretty well with our experience on both the Jewel and the Pearl. Also, if you go through the booking process and pick a particular cabin, it will let you know what the details of the cabin are, including whether it's a porthole/ocean view, square footage, etc.

If you go to NCL site click on the ship that u want to look up then on the right hand side u will see "view ship staterooms" then scroll down through each category and it will tell u window, balcony, picture window or porthole or inside cabin (no window).

Oceanview Stateroom

Picture window, living area, bedroom area with two lower beds that convert to a queen, safe, refrigerator, bathroom with separate shower

Cat F, H & HH cabins have porthole.

Cat. G cabins have an obstructed or partially obstructed view by lifeboats.

Average size: 161 Square feet.

On Decks: 4, 5, 6, 8

star-oceanview-scale.gif

burny

Archived