air transfers with Carnival

JenP

I am booked on a May 08 Carnival cruise out of Miami. I booked my airline tickets through Carnival's website. Do I book the air transfer tickets separately or is that included in the air price? If not included, how do I get them? I can seem to find an answer to this on their website.

On my last cruise on a different line, the airline tickets and the transfers were booked together. That is, they asked you if you wanted the transfers at the time of booking.

I am booked on a May 08 Carnival cruise out of Miami. I booked my airline tickets through Carnival's website. Do I book the air transfer tickets separately or is that included in the air price? If not included, how do I get them? I can seem to find an answer to this on their website.

On my last cruise on a different line, the airline tickets and the transfers were booked together. That is, they asked you if you wanted the transfers at the time of booking.

Much quicker to grab a cab though as they wait for the buses to fill up before leaving for the pier.

We have only done this one time. The transfers were included for our family of four. This was to San Juan...and the Northwest plane we were "suppose" to be on went out for maintenance.

Long story short, we did not have to "wait" for the bus because we barely caught the bus to the ship before she sailed. whew...from that day forward..we have fly (or driven) in a day ahead!!

When you fly to the pier a day ahead of the cruise, do you have to pay a "deviation" fee?

Our group of 7 is leaving from Port Canaveral on Aug. 23rd. We're flying from Toronto (Canada), so we want to arrive in Orlando on the 22nd. So far, our travel agent is saying that we can't use the transfer (which we've paid for) -- even if we stay overnight at a hotel near the Orlando airport and catch the shuttle bus from the airport on the 23rd -- and we have to pay a "deviation" fee of $70 per person to fly out on the 22nd. It just doesn't seem right...

Anyone with experience/info on doing this?

When you fly to the pier a day ahead of the cruise, do you have to pay a "deviation" fee?

Our group of 7 is leaving from Port Canaveral on Aug. 23rd. We're flying from Toronto (Canada), so we want to arrive in Orlando on the 22nd. So far, our travel agent is saying that we can't use the transfer (which we've paid for) -- even if we stay overnight at a hotel near the Orlando airport and catch the shuttle bus from the airport on the 23rd -- and we have to pay a "deviation" fee of $70 per person to fly out on the 22nd. It just doesn't seem right...

Anyone with experience/info on doing this?

Let me get this straight. There are 7 of you. Your ship sails on August 23rd. You are flying into Port Canaveral on the 22nd. Your travel agent is saying the you can't use the transfer that you have paid for. What kind of transfer is it? One from the airport to the ship? My next question, did you book your hotel through Carnival? I see you booked your flight through Carnival. Is your cruise paid off yet?

I do crusie+air to make everything easier and save money on cabs and hotel. They arrange your flight, so you have no say in what flight (check to see what flights go in/out of your city to Miami/Fort Lauderdale). They pick you up, take you to the hotel, pick you up the next day and taek you to port, and then from the port to airport. I do suggest if you are doing edocs to make three copies of the page with the transfer/hotel information on it because if they want proof you are supposed to be there, you can give them one copy of the sheet.

Bubbles, the travel agent didn't book a hotel for us yet. I'd happily commit to that now -- she just didn't mention it.

Misguidedangel, what you described sounds like what we want -- a flight out the day before, stay over at a hotel by the airport, then go back to the airport to get the transfer (i.e. shuttle bus) to the port. I'll mention this to my travel agent.

Thanks for your replies. Sorry I didn't check this thread sooner -- I forgot what it was called! (I had to do a search on posts I'd made!)

Kate

Re: Deviation.

I have to say that hearing people talk about deviation, I was under the impression that it was as simple as paying the $50 fee and getting a flight the day before. WRONG!

I just called. You have to put in the request for deviation. They fax/mail/email you a request form, which I am waiting for now via email. Then you fill it out, send it back, and wait 7 days for a reply. They offer you multiple estimates including additional cost for flights out the day before. If you decide to accept one of those flights, then you pay the fee, or cancel the request without charge. Way more complicated than I thought. Just wanted to throw that out there for anyone that hasn't done this before.

In addition, can anyone tell me if they have deviated and NOT had any additional air costs? Thanks!

Archived