Q for PB Tom

JSR

HI! Tom

I have read so much great stuff about PB we want to come their on our Dec. Granduer cruise.

I am a full-time wheelchair user. Can I get from where the cab drops us off to the beach?

Is the beach soft sand?

Is it far from the pavement to the water?

Is the water realitively calm?

Do you have foam mat type rafts for rent or should we bring our own? We need it to get me from the beach to the water.

I love to snorkel and swim, it is just the wheelchair can be a challange in the sand.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

Jean

Paradise Beach Tom is on vacation. However, rather than leave your question hanging...I'll try to help you a bit. I've not been to Paradise Beach yet (November 04 counting the days.....) but similar questions have been posed previously. Take a look at the following threads.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=68960&highlight=wheelchair

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=71824&highlight=scooter

I think the calmness of the water depends on the day. Hopefully someone else can help you with the foam mat question-I know they have some sort of floating mats. I'm absolutely SURE that PB Tom's staff will do all they can to insure that you have a great time in the water.

If anyone else can help Jean with more info...please be sure and post.

Vanclan,

Thanks. Tom's responses on the other threads does imply that we will be fine as long as the muscle is around when we are there.

Tom when you are back and are reading this, maybe you could confirm that the guys with the muscle will be their on Wed. 12/22.

I just want to find out about the mats. My husband with help from whomever usually lifts me onto the raft and then pulls me into the water and off I go. (I do swim)

Do you know if the water is calm there?

Thanks for the helps

Just a quick additional question for Tom or anyone else.

I read on another post where they siad that all the chairs are gone by the time PB opens at 9 am. I would not want to get up at the crack of dawn to assure a chair and umbrella.

Could someone let me know if this true or not?

Thanks

Jean

We were there on the Paradise in June/July and it didn't dock until 1:00 pm. We immediately grab a cab to Paradise Beach. Tom made sure we had an umbrella and chairs (I don't think the chunky soup had anything to do with it). They were plentiful. We had a wonderful day. They do have foam mats, which at the time were free to use. Make sure you order the nachos, they were great.

Lisa

Thanks for the information LIsMac. We are looking forward to going when we are there. I hope to make contact with Tom when he returns from vacation. I hope all is well in Cozumel in the upcoming week.

Archived