Captain your own river boat?

SDMT

For those of you that have gone on this excursion, would you say that it is an exciting excursion? I guess what I am trying to get at is, whether the tour is slow-paced entirely, or whether there are times that you get to drive the boats at a fast-pace. Which do you think would be a better excursion for two adventure-seeking guys, the captain your own boat tour or the cave tubing? We will most likely be doing the extreme zipline in Roatan.

I've personally never been on the Captain Your Own Boat excursion. (Apparently, I'm not going since I still can't book it.) But, I found the cave-tubing to be quite slow. It was interesting, but I wouldn't call it fast paced.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Might anybody be interested in doing this tour next Tuesday, October 21, 2008? We are on Carnival Glory and looking for another couple to get the minimum 4 people required for the tour.

http://www.coralbreezetours.com/

http://www.coralbreezetours.com/Belize/inflatable/boat/RIB/cruise/river/ecotour/current_category.15/Product.152/tours_add.html?t_product=152

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be in Belize on Nov 6th from the Legend and really want to do this tour with my fiance. I called and confirmed that they need a minimum of 4 people to run the tour. I would do the cave tubing but have read about the horror stories and don't think I could convince my fiance to do it. Anyone else interested!?!?

I'll be in Belize on Nov 6th from the Legend and really want to do this tour with my fiance. I called and confirmed that they need a minimum of 4 people to run the tour. I would do the cave tubing but have read about the horror stories and don't think I could convince my fiance to do it. Anyone else interested!?!?

Sorry, I meant to say I will be on the NCL Jewel. Is anyone interested?

Still trying to decide on which excurison would be more interesting, exciting, or enjoyable. Cave tubing or the Drive your own Boat. Has anyone done both? Sslkrissi did you go on the Drive your own boat yet? How was it? Any suggestions would be appreciated and helpful. Going on Carnival Miracle in Feb, 2009 Any suggestions for Panama or Costa Rica would also be appreciated.

HI! Does anybody know how many people per boat? They need four for a reservation, but then it says 3 adults per boat? We're 2 families with 2 teens each - would we fit in 2 boats? (8 of us total) This looks like so much fun. Do you see lots of wildlife? Does it feel like too much time in a boat? We're also torn between this and cave tubing...any advice for those who've been on this? Thanks!

Mikvie,

You posted about a year ago but hoping you will see this as I have a couple of questions regarding this tour. Or if anyone else who has taken this this tour knows please respond.

You mentioned as well as others in this thread that the mangroves were a bit tricky - what do you mean by that? We have a boat so we are used to driving one but we take those on lakes in Washington and there are no mangroves or alligators. You also mention do not stop while going through the mangroves is this because of the alligators? :eek: Would they come after you if you have a mechanical problem? :o :eek: :eek: :eek:

I really think this looks like a lot more fun than the cave tubing myself. It looks like it would take the majority of the day as the day we are in port the tour leaves at 10 and is 4 hours. That would be enough time to go and get back to the ship without any problems I assume. If I'm not please let me know as my hubby has had two knee replacements and can't run!:p

Had this booked for last week but it was canceled do to high river levels. Guide seemed as disappointed as us and said it was by far his favorite tour to take people on. Ended up doing snorkel/Bannister Isalnd instead whcih was OK. Coral Breese/Hammerhead did issue the deposit refund quickly as promised and gave a discount on the Bannister Island snorkel. I woudl try for the Captain Your Own Boat tour again next time I am in Belize. The other excursion that looked good was Chappel Caye which has a day pass for all the resort plus golf at a really nice course.

• 5 weeks later...
hi i never drove a boat i wonder would they let anyone with no experience take that excursion or will they put a guide with you thx

I am sure that you could do this, but they have an option of riding in the guide boat as a passenger, and it costs less.

thx for the reply but is is going to be 3 adults in my party plus the guide i wonder if the boat will fit more than 3

Their website says that in the guide boat there are "4 seats only" -- sounds like that would work. I would email them to confirm.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi: Mom2Girls........Did you ever go on the Drive your own Boat tour? How was it if you did go? Would you recommend it over the tubing? Any suggestions would be helpful? Thanks..

If anyone else has any comments please feel free to respond. We are going on the Miracle Feb. 17 and our Itinerary has just changed but we will be going to Belize. They cancelled Panama and Costa Rica but added Cozumel, Costa Maya and Roatan. Hope we like it as much. At this point we have the air done and all the other arrangements so we are sticking with it and will catch Panama and Costa Rica on another cruise at a later date. Thanks to all who reply and any and all suggestions in any of the ports would be greatly appreciated.

We are trying to book this excursion, but we only have three people. As of now, we can't book until they have at least 4 people already booked. This has been going on for 3 weeks and we have about 4 weeks until we depart. Still hoping that we can take this excursion...if we do, I definitely will post a review.

hello...can you tell me..did you all book this excursion through your cruise, or on your own. I'm not seeing anything like this offered through our cruise on RCCL in August. Can you post a link for me? Thanks.

here is a link to the Coral Breeze tour that is being discussed. You can book directly with them. Check it out

http://www.coralbreezetours.com/Belize/inflatable/boat/RIB/cruise/river/ecotour/current_category.15/Product.152/tours_add.html?t_product=152

Archived