ferries in St. Maarten

obsessedsc

looking to ferry from st. maarten to st. barths. anyone ever done it on a cruise. so far im only finding ferries that come back at 5 that day (pushing the departure time too close for my comfort).

plan B is to ferry to anguilla-i think they have ferries running every half hour.

last cruise we island hopped through a cruise excursion. but there isnt one for what we would like to do, so i need all the help i can get!

looking to ferry from st. maarten to st. barths. anyone ever done it on a cruise. so far im only finding ferries that come back at 5 that day (pushing the departure time too close for my comfort).

plan B is to ferry to anguilla-i think they have ferries running every half hour.

last cruise we island hopped through a cruise excursion. but there isnt one for what we would like to do, so i need all the help i can get!

The last time we were in St. Maarten on an RCI cruise we booked the high-speed ferry to St. Barths through the cruiseline because when I looked at the ferry company's own website it did not list a return sailing that would get us back with time to spare before our ship left port and, strangely enough, their charge for the roundtrip was actually more expensive than what RCI was charging. I never did understand either discrepancy - schedule or price, but booking through RCI was, on this occasion, very advantageous. The seas between St. Maarten and St. Barths on the way over were extremely rough and several passengers were seasick and I came as close to being ill as I have ever been (and I am never seasick):rolleyes: The return trip was smooth and calm. Prices in St. Barths are extremely high but it was worth the trip to see another island that we might not otherwise visit.

Archived