San Juan Transportation

I will be flying into San Juan the afternoon of my cruise. Just wondering about transportation from the airport to the port? I'm not sure if I should get the transfers offered by Royal Carribean or if a taxi would be better? Any suggestions? :confused:

Thanks.

Taxi service is very good, and reasonably priced, from the airport (SJU) to the Pan American pier. They are plentiful and available right after you leave baggage claim. The last time we were there it cost around $25.00 including tip to get four of us from the airport to the pier. And you don't have to do any waiting around for the RCI transportation to fill up before your depart for the pier.

I agree....taxi is the way to go. About $20 for the two of us (plus tip), and we got to the port quickly. RCI buses wait until they are full, then you get to the port with a whole BUNCH of other people! I used the transfers ONCE, and sat at the airport for at least 45 minutes waiting for the us to fill up (not in San Juan).

Taxi definitely! Tip: Get a porter he will get your cab slip and you won't have to wait in the taxi line! :p (at least that was the way it was last Feb when we went!):)

As mentioned the price is controlled and the same for any taxi. It is given to you on a slip of paper prior to getting in the cab.

Archived