Grank Turk Question

allzi

I'm thinking of a cruise on the Triumph in feb, and I noticed there is a stop in Grand Turk. Most of the post I've read mention that it's nice but pricey, and not much to do, except drink at Margaritavlle lol. There is an identical cruise on the Triumph, a week earlier that goes to Nassau instead,It's a littlle cheaper, and I was wondering if Grand Turk is worth the extra money?

This is to be our 2nd cruise , the last was on the Spirit.

Thank for any help

Allsi

I loved Grand Turk, and would take it over Nassau every time. The Margaritaville is really nice, with a massive pool to swim in and plenty of chairs. It is also right on the beach by the pier, so you can visit both the pool and the beach for free. Some of the shops are pricey, but I found some nice gifts for family in a few of the shops.

I'm thinking of a cruise on the Triumph in feb, and I noticed there is a stop in Grand Turk. Most of the post I've read mention that it's nice but pricey, and not much to do, except drink at Margaritavlle lol. There is an identical cruise on the Triumph, a week earlier that goes to Nassau instead,It's a Little cheaper, and I was wondering if Grand Turk is worth the extra money?

This is to be our 2nd cruise , the last was on the Spirit.

Thank for any help

Allsi

I have never been to Grand Turk but I have gone to Nassau. We didn't do much in Nassau but it was very nice. When we got off the ship we went right and found a beach that was empty. it was nice and quite.

We hated Nassau. It's a dirty, congested little city where you're harrassed at every turn. I won't book a cruise that goes there.

Grand Turk was very nice; we've been there twice. The fist time we did the Snuba tour & loved it. The next time, we just hung out at Margaritaville all day.

I'd pay the extra money & go to Grand Turk.

I've never had any problems in Nassau. You just walk past all the drivers and tour people when you first come out of the building, and you're all clear. I'm going to do the walking tour this time and see something of the town other than the typical touristy stuff.

I'm not as big a fan of Grand Turk that a lot of people of this board seem to be. Don't care for Margaritaville (or any "chain" restaurants/bars in foreign lands). Love the Horseback Ride & Swim excursion; our stingray and snorkel trip last time wasn't very good. Beach can't compare to HMC.

We're headed to Grand Turk next month, so I've done a bit of research. I plan on taking my family to one of the island's beaches and doing some snorkeling. The island has a large reef off of the west side that's accessible from the shore. We hope to see some amazing sea life. There are also a lot of good excursions available for GT.

I've been to Nassau 4 times and just don't get excited about it. Especially because the ship's there for such a short amount of time.

I have been to both and also love both.

In Grand Turk we went snorkling. You can see the ship from the beach and you can snorkel out to it. We also took the semi sub excursion where they take you out to the famoud 7000 ft drop and you can see alot of marine life there.

If you choose Nassau don't hang around the city there is not too much to see there . The beach at Paradise Island is awesome. There is a beach near not at but nearby the Atlantis hotel that costs about 4 dollars per person by taxi and it is free to get in.

If I had to make the choice I would definitely pick Grand Turk. We were there in 2006 and are going back in 2008. The same trip included Nassau also and although we did the walking tour and the Pirate Museum last time, this time we will do Blackbeards Cay because we will have our granddaughters with us. I must say I do like the shopping in Nassau too.

We have been to Nassau many times.

We are headed to Grand Turk for the first time in January.

It really depends on what you want to do. If hanging at a Margaritaville is your thing...than Grand Turk.

If you into aquariums (like our son) then go through the Dig at Atlantis in Nassau.

It sounds like a day at the beach would be nice at either location. (from what I have read about GT)

We have not found Nassau to be any more aggressive than some other places. Of course, we don't go to the Straw Market any longer and they can get pushy there.

Archived