Srphnx live on Sapphire instead of Diamond for once

srphnx

Steve, thanks for your posts, especially as I know that keeping up with CC took time away from your cruise and Seafille - I love that moniker! Can you tell me now, did you see salmon available anytime for dinner? And, did you have time (between lobsters) to note the fitness center hours? Thanks again, 10 more weeks till I call Sapphire home for a month, and the excitement is building (thanks to your cruise journal).

Muster drill: usually about 4 or 30 min prior to sailaway.

No need to pay to watch, it is free for all with the stomach to see it, did I mention we ate 4 love boat dreams the night the waves were pounding? That is stamina folks.

Verdict on Diamond v. Sapphire?

Easy call....

BOTH :D :D :D

Dear Steve-Thank you for the wonderful info "live" from the Sapphire. I enjoyed reading it so much and I got out my pics of her from July 2004, she is a beautiful ship. Hopefully we will be on her sis this Feb. Glad you had a great trip, being back home bites but knowing you have a booked cruise in the future does wonders for the pcd. Liz

Hey Steve,

Having been on the May DP cruise with you, I sure enjoyed your reports on the Sapphire. Thanks!!

Question: how were the wildlife sightings this late in the season? That was the only disappointment for our trip. My biologist husband wanted to see animals, and they were either hiding or still in Hawaii. So our next Alaska vacation has to be later; I'm just not sure how much later we can dare make it to maximize $$ and still see wildlife.

BTW, Princess refunded my sister and her husband their airfare changes and hotel room cost from the May sailing. (We had travel insurance and got our check quickly.)

Thanks,

Sue <-- just returned from Hawaii where we missed the whales because they were in Alaska! ;)

Please Steve...er SRPHNX,

Leaving on the Diamond on 10/16 and have duly noted secret places onboard for well, whatever. Now, our roll call group for this cruise looks pitifully small with no doubt thousands of interesting lurkers and we might even prove to be an interesting lot. We've agreed to meet for a Post Lifeboat Drill and Sailaway Party and someone has suggested the Tradewinds Bar on the Sky Deck. As the most experienced Diamond devil on the boards, can you come up with something better?

Cheers,

Holly

Sue, wildlife was minimal, there were a few whale sightings on whale watching tours, a few bear sightings on bear watching tours, I say a large school of dolphins (about 100-200) swimming along side one day. We saw whales nearly every day in May, so... I wouldn't recommend September for that but we did get great deals on T-shirts.

Holly, We perfer skywalkers for three reasons. First it is hard to find so there is a Darwinian factor, only the smart ones find you..;) , Second it has views of all 360 degrees of the ship from one angle or another, third it can be indoor or out door as the area outside will hold a pretty good sized group.

Holly, We perfer skywalkers for three reasons. First it is hard to find so there is a Darwinian factor, only the smart ones find you..;) , Second it has views of all 360 degrees of the ship from one angle or another, third it can be indoor or out door as the area outside will hold a pretty good sized group.

This is the second or third time I've heard mention of an "out door" area at SkyWalkers! Where exactly is that? Is this something new? I've been on the Grand 3 times now and I don't remember any outside area up around SkyWalkers. What is the outside area?

TinaLee

No need to pay to watch, it is free for all with the stomach to see it, did I mention we ate 4 love boat dreams the night the waves were pounding? That is stamina folks.

Since none of your other fans will point this out. I will. You are on a fast track to some major health/heart problems. My DW just got two stents put in her heart to relieve blockage 2 weeks ago and she is your age. Yes, it can happen. Please take care, we love your posts and your review.

Steve & Nancy

Since none of your other fans will point this out. I will. You are on a fast track to some major health/heart problems. My DW just got two stents put in her heart to relieve blockage 2 weeks ago and she is your age. Yes, it can happen. Please take care, we love your posts and your review.

Steve & Nancy

I appreciate your good intentions, best of luck to DW now and in future. FYI cruise week eating is NOT represetative of life in general. Last check up indicated nauseatingly healthy numbers in all categories. One of those "not fair" kinda things, skinny people with heart disease, me... gunna live forever, ok not forever but for LOTS more cruises.

Thanks for the insider info! I'm thinking I'm also going to keep it a secret. Shame on me, I guess. Appreciate your heads up on the wildlife situation, particularly with regard to the differences you noted between May and September. There's wildlife to be found on the Diamond to Mexico too, just perhaps the human kind. Yeehaw! Can't wait to see this ship.

Now pretty please, what is a Love Boat Dream?

Cheers, Holly

Archived