Which airline to use Barcelona to Paris ?

But the question isn't what you would have done, we're trying to help the OP and how many miles you fly a year is irrelevent, I'm up there with you in miles this year, but who cares. InterEuropean luggage is an issue. And personally, I don't want to be hauling all of that luggage around with me. So feel free to pack dinner jackets, three long fancy dresses and tuxes, but that advice isn't helping the OP.

EasyJet-overweight charge PER KILO for over 20KG (44 pound)

I know you want to get to Paris as early as possible, but the train sure is looking like the easier (and probably in the long run cheaper) alternative. It would be a real shame to cut back so much on clothing and souvenirs that your cruise is no fun. One less day in Paris would make the whole thing work very easily.

OK, I am going to explore the train option. I'm sorry to say I do not know the name of it. My hope is that they will have one that will travel during the day. Stay tuned....the plot thickens.....

I'll be glad to have the experience of this first trip to Europe. Next time I will know a lot more about what to expect and how to plan from the beginning. The advice here is invaluable - thank you all!

OK, I am going to explore the train option. I'm sorry to say I do not know the name of it. My hope is that they will have one that will travel during the day. Stay tuned....the plot thickens.....

I'll be glad to have the experience of this first trip to Europe. Next time I will know a lot more about what to expect and how to plan from the beginning. The advice here is invaluable - thank you all!

More train info than you will ever need to know. http://www.seat61.com/Europe.htm

Scroll down to #3-International Journeys within Europe, then Spain. Two or three ways to book tickets and other info. The Elipsos train is what you want. Here is a description: The ELIPSOS Trainhotels run between Paris-Madrid, Paris-Barcelona, Zurich/Geneva/Perpignan-Barcelona and Milan/Turin/Perpignan-Barcelona. . They are some of the best equipped international night trains in Europe, with a common denominator: comfort and quality.

I just picked an arbitrary date in May for the schedule:

9:05PM/13 May

Barcelona-estacio De Franca

9:03AM/14 May

Paris Austerlitz

11hr 58min

On the website it states you can get a daytime train to Montpellier. But you would have to change trains or get a bus to Paris. And it would most likely be late at night.

Archived