Is this a good price

Sunrayz

Hi again...my TA got me some prices for my upcoming cruise....Since this is all new to me...I wanted to get info from others as to the price factor. Sailing on Valor for Jan 09, doing the easter caribbean prices as follows: Inside 1169.88 (including air and taxes) Outside $1289.88 (including air and taxes) Balcony $1459.88 (including air and taxes) per person. There is only my son and I going. To me..this seems a good price, since another TA quoted me $1600 for just the staterooms.

I should also mention the quote is in US Dollars.

Any advise/tips would be greatly appreicated. I know that the cruise is a bit into the future..but I am a planner.

Thanx again

SunRayz:)

Well, right now those inside rooms are going for $469-$489 per person, outside rooms are $589-$609 and balcony rooms are $759-$779. So, you can decide yourself if you were quoted a good price.

I always book my airfare separately because it's usually cheaper than what Carnival can get me and more convenient. Try to fly in the day before you cruise to avoid any problems making the ship on time. Even if you have Carnival book your air, they will not hold the ship for you if you are delayed.

Always purchase trip insurance because you never know what might happen while traveling. You can purchase it separately on http://www.insuremytrip.com and can compare policies to find the best one for you.

Those prices are not great. You have to keep watching the Carnival website to see if prices go down, which they often do. Depending on where you are flying from, the airfare can be cheaper by doing it on your own. If you are definitely planning on going, put down your deposit and when the prices go down, you will get the cheaper prices (provided you call your TA or PVP). If the prices go down after final payment then you will get onboard credit for the difference. Just make sure you watch the prices, don't rely on your TA or PVP to do it for you.

I would say it depends on where you are flying in from. Prices on Carnival are $560pp inside, and $900pp for a balcony cabin. For the Valor in January. Typically it is the same price to book with Carnival is the same price as booking with TA's, give or take $50 or so. You might want to give them a call, and price flights on a site like kayak.com.

Hi again...my TA got me some prices for my upcoming cruise....Since this is all new to me...I wanted to get info from others as to the price factor. Sailing on Valor for Jan 09, doing the easter caribbean prices as follows: Inside 1169.88 (including air and taxes) Outside $1289.88 (including air and taxes) Balcony $1459.88 (including air and taxes) per person. There is only my son and I going. To me..this seems a good price, since another TA quoted me $1600 for just the staterooms.

I should also mention the quote is in US Dollars.

Any advise/tips would be greatly appreicated. I know that the cruise is a bit into the future..but I am a planner.

Thanx again

You can go to the Carnival website and price out the cost of the cabin itself. Granted it doesn't include the fees and taxes. Then price out the cost of airfare. Then do the math. Only you can decide what is the best price for you!

Those prices sounded great to me....some disagree lol. So you will get some saying they are good and some dont think so. Big help we are.

Depending on where you are flying from?? Canada??? you mention US dollars so sounds like outside the US....those prices sound good to me if they include the airfare....but you dont say if those prices are per person or that is the total for both you and your son....so I might be confused thinking that is the total price.

more info please lol :D

Thanx Everyone for the help. I am flying from either Edmonton/Calgary going to Miami. TA also told me that the price includes a flight a day before, hotel and transfer to the port. The price I listed was per person, for the two of us, it will be about 2500 bucks. Besides spending money the only other items i will need to worry about is travel insurance ( I forgot to ask if that was in the price) and excursions.

SunRayz

Thanx Everyone for the help. I am flying from either Edmonton/Calgary going to Miami. TA also told me that the price includes a flight a day before, hotel and transfer to the port. The price I listed was per person, for the two of us, it will be about 2500 bucks. Besides spending money the only other items i will need to worry about is travel insurance ( I forgot to ask if that was in the price) and excursions.

SunRayz

Is your TA prepaying the tips? those will run $10 per day per person.

Having a hotel room in Miami is a big plus, plus transfers to the port.

SunRayz

OK, now i can officially say it is a good price, the air pp from Calvary is aprox. $657pp + the price of an inside cabin (lets say) is a total of $1146 pp, you were quoted $1169.88 so basically the few dollars extra is the the 1 night stay at a hotel.

I will be prepaying the tips when I pay the final amount. I was also told that I could put a deposit down on the trip, and if a deal or better rates come up I can take advantage of those up until the date I submit final payment. Is that correct.

How often has someone booked a cruise over a year in advance...my son thinks that I am nuts...but the way I figure it...better chance to get exactly what I want.

Once again thanx for all the input

I will be prepaying the tips when I pay the final amount. I was also told that I could put a deposit down on the trip, and if a deal or better rates come up I can take advantage of those up until the date I submit final payment. Is that correct.

How often has someone booked a cruise over a year in advance...my son thinks that I am nuts...but the way I figure it...better chance to get exactly what I want.

Once again thanx for all the input

If a better rate comes up, its easier to get it if the deal doesnt include air, transfers and hotel, imo. Some will say the disadvantage of transfers thru Carnival is you have to wait until the bus is full (going to the airport after your cruise). I booked them thru Princess and got lots of warnings...but we still were to the airport checking in, in less than 30 minutes. The busses filled up as fast as folks could get thru the doors of the bus... almost. My only complaint was the bus driver letting us know he had a bad back and had to load our luggage, practically asking for a tip, which I would have given him anyway.

I have booked out as far as January 09, more than a year in advance. The prices have already gone up $60 pp, so glad I booked early and locked in the price.

I was booked for the Liberty, bigger and newer ship, and we were paying alot for an aft balcony. By the way, it was less than what you are paying now. The prices kept going up and up because of the popularity. Anyway, I canceled and rebooked a different ship and am paying about half of that amount. It really depends on when and what ship.

Considering you are flying from outide the US and the cost includes one night in Miami, then yes it is a good price. If the price goes up before you book then you are stuck with the higher price. If the price goes down then you get the cheaper price. It sounds like a win win situation to me if you book now.

I know people are saying different things about your pricing. I agree that it will depend on where are flying to and from. BUT KEEP IN MIND>>>> Fuel costs are rising very fast. And airfares are being affected big time. I think that is a very good rate. You also have to keep in mind that the price will include your transfers.

One other thing to keep in mind. We went to Disneyland last year. We put our deposit down and were waiting until the last day to pay the balance. In the meantime, the airfare went up and because we were not paid in full, our rate went up. If we had been paid in full, we would have saved $180.

Good luck with your decision!!

Archived