Diamond E728 - Noisy?

mithryl

I'm thrilled to have been able to book cabin E728 on the Diamond for a R/T to Hawaii on 3/2/08. This is one of only two mini-suites that have a covered balcony that is also "oversized" based on its placement in the aft of the ship.

My question to anyone who has stayed in this cabin before...is it noisy being just above the stage of Club Fusion? (Trying to decide if we'll need to pack earplugs or not.)

Any other thoughts about this cabin? Was the extended balcony worth being at the back of the ship?

We were in D738 recently. First night heard the party's above or below, couldn't tell which. Once you hit sea, you won't hear anything but the wake. We didn't even hear room service when they came, so they knew to just come on in after the first couple of days. If you close your sliders to the balcony, the rooms are very quiet at aft. Congrats on a great location and enjoy! Wish I was going back.

Thanks for your reply Spoiled Wife. You were another floor above us, so I'm not sure if the same would apply to having Club Fusion right below us or not. I'm hoping the cabins are sound-proof enough that the band playing below us every night until very late won't be a problem. I know we'll love everything else about the location.

I've read lots of reviews on this cabin, some hear/feel the thumping bass from below, others don't hear/feel anything. Some report vibrations when entering & leaving ports - others say nothing :)

Some love the balcony others say the wind whips around the stern and blows the book out of your hand - it's hit and miss with E728. :D

Had E728 on the Sapphire. We could hear music (mostly the bass) from Club Fusion until they closed around midnight. If you usually stay up late, it shouldn't be a problem. Earplugs wouldn't really help as its mostly bass noise.

I have read on the boards that the opposite side cabin (E729 I think?) has less noise problems, because it is not directly over the stage.

Other than the noise, the cabin was great, especially the oversized balcony!

Had E728 on the Sapphire. We could hear music (mostly the bass) from Club Fusion until they closed around midnight. If you usually stay up late, it shouldn't be a problem. Earplugs wouldn't really help as its mostly bass noise.

I have read on the boards that the opposite side cabin (E729 I think?) has less noise problems, because it is not directly over the stage.

Other than the noise, the cabin was great, especially the oversized balcony!

Thanks,

I think good earplugs could still be effective for the bass. I'm not as concerned with the vibration (since the ship vibrates anyway) as actual noise. Anyone else have an experience with this cabin?

Archived