Dawn Princess engine problem?

mrsbojamp

I just read that Princess will be putting the Dawn Princess in an unscheduled dry dock in November for engine repairs. Have any of the recent travellers noticed any problems? It concerns me that they can identify a problem, but wait until Novmeber to fix it.

One of the four engines is not working properly.

I spent 2 weeks on the Dawn Princess (returned last week) and it did not affect our schedule at all and without reading this board, I would not have known that there was a problem. When I spoke to the Captain about this, he indicated that it is not an issue in Alaska since the ports are pretty close to each other.

The Dawn is a great ship an we had an excellent cruise. I wouldn't worry about this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>they can identify a problem, but wait until Novmeber to fix it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm just happy that they aren't messing up my week. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

You make an excellent point! I'd rather be stranded at sea on a luxurious cruise ship than stuck at home, miserable, because my vacation was unexpectedly canceled! But after reading the previous post, I don't really think I have any worries!

The only reason I knew an engine wasn't working was because I was reading these boards. From my 2 cruises, I would never have guessed there were engine problems.

It is more of an issue when the ship has to go long distances but the ports in Alaska are very close to each other.

Archived