Enchantment: fridge/hairdryer/safe

mcgraiha

i'm traveling on RCI for the first time next month on the Enchantment of the Seas. i am in a balcony room and was wondering if the room will have a mini-fridge, hairdryer, and/or safe in it?? just trying to figure out the packing situation....thanks!

Do keep in mind that the mini-fridge is more of a cooler than a fridge. It keeps things chilled, but is not quite as cold as a typical fridge. It is fine for keeping beverages cold, but not right for some types of medications that need to be refrigerated. Also, it comes stocked with beer, cola, etc. that you are charged for if you used. You can ask your room steward to remove these items if you want to use it for your own stuff.

As for the hair dryer, they are functional, but not nearly as nice as most hair dryers people use at home. If you have long or very thick hair you may be better off bringing your own.

The safe is good for things like cash, jewelery, camera etc. but is not big enough for lap tops, brief cases etc.

Enjoy the cruise; it is a very nice ship :)

Regarding the safe on enchantment(8/07) it is a swipe not a put in the number code. You have to use a credit card. I hate these types of safes but it is good for the contents that you have to put into it. If you have an expired credit card I would bring that & use that card for the opening & closing of the safe.

Do keep in mind that the mini-fridge is more of a cooler than a fridge. It keeps things chilled, but is not quite as cold as a typical fridge. It is fine for keeping beverages cold, but not right for some types of medications that need to be refrigerated. Also, it comes stocked with beer, cola, etc. that you are charged for if you used. You can ask your room steward to remove these items if you want to use it for your own stuff.

As for the hair dryer, they are functional, but not nearly as nice as most hair dryers people use at home. If you have long or very thick hair you may be better off bringing your own.

The safe is good for things like cash, jewelery, camera etc. but is not big enough for lap tops, brief cases etc.

Enjoy the cruise; it is a very nice ship :)

Is this for balcony rooms? I was recently on the EOS but in a "deluxe" interior stateroom (an axtra 6 sq. hidden somewhere:p ) we had the "lukewarm" hairdryer and a dandy little safe but just an ice bucket that for five days ALWAYS had ice in it. Even though we never showed it any use.

I think tour roon attendant really wanted us to use it appaently!

Ditto to Gonzo's comment, it is a beauty of a ship. Even when full, it never felt crowded.

Regarding the safe on enchantment(8/07) it is a swipe not a put in the number code. You have to use a credit card. I hate these types of safes but it is good for the contents that you have to put into it. If you have an expired credit card I would bring that & use that card for the opening & closing of the safe.

Used up gift cards and the like wil work as well if you paranoid about used/don't have a credit card.

thanks for all the helpful replies! i'm familiar w/ the "lukewarm" hairdryer concept....my hair's not all that thick and i promised myself i would really "cut down" the packing this time (yeah right!) so as not to pay the extra $50 at the airport when they put my luggage on the scale.

fridge/safe....sounds like they will be fine. my dh is a pepsi freak so i know he'll be happy to have some in the room and i remember drinking all the bottle water on carnival my first cruise and being charged $3.50/bottle. so that's all it's needed for. same for the safe....just need to put away my passport/extra cash, etc. no fancy jewels or electronics. great suggestion about the gift card to use---have tons of old ones lying around!

No fridge on a regular outside, either. I love the swipe safe -- used an empty gift card, per suggestions on this board, and hid it in a book. Since we had no fridge, we brought a soft side, small cooler for our pop that we brought on board. Our cabin steward said he had no extra ice buckets to spare. It worked great -- got filled daily and placed on shower floor for drips -- ice outlasted the bucket.

In our cabin, the hair dryer was in a small drawer in the vanity -- ICK!! I had never seen this before, and I was afraid to try to use ours in the electric shaver only outlet in the bath, as I have heard that folks who tried plugging anything but a razor in, blew out their appliances. With three women in the cabin, this was an unpleasant surprise as it meant we all had to do our hair at the vanity! I am not a morning person and my sisters were very kind to try to keep quiet until I arose, but one morning they sat on one of the beds with wet hair, watching me sleep, because they didn't want to turn on a dryer and a light in the main cabin!

Archived