Hotels In FLL

CorkySue02

HI, I was hoping for a little help. I am looking for suggestions for hotels in Fort Laudredale that are fairly inexpensive. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have a group cruise planned 2/23/08 and the people in my group are looking for places too.

Thanks in advance!

Cori

HI, I was hoping for a little help. I am looking for suggestions for hotels in Fort Laudredale that are fairly inexpensive. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have a group cruise planned 2/23/08 and the people in my group are looking for places too.

Thanks in advance!

Cori

Tons of great tips on the Florida Departures board

Here is the link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=495

We just had a nice room at the Comfort Inn airport/cruiseport....it had transportation to/from port/airport.....had a very nice pool area and breakfast in the am. My parents parked their car there for $6/day.

I booked early and had a rate under $70 but heard late commers who were near $200:eek: . Don't know what you'd get seasonally, but I'd at least check it out.

2516655130089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

2933555990089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

Last month, we stayed at "AmeriSuites Fort Lauderdale/17th Street" which is about 1/2 way between the airport and the ship. It is a nice place. Rate includes free breakfast, shuttle from the airport and shuttle to the ship.

They are rebranding to a "Hyatt Place" this month and have been renovating the rooms over the last several months. Each room has either a king or two double beds. There is also a sofa-bed that pulls out, so it would be possible for you to save some money if your party doesn't mind doubling-up.

We paid $79 off-season through valuetrips dot com, which was better than the rate we could get from travelocity or similar sites. But, as someone noted, you are going high-season and rates are more than double. See the valuetrips dot com site for current rates.

We just had a nice room at the Comfort Inn airport/cruiseport....it had transportation to/from port/airport.....had a very nice pool area and breakfast in the am. My parents parked their car there for $6/day.

I booked early and had a rate under $70 but heard late commers who were near $200:eek: . Don't know what you'd get seasonally, but I'd at least check it out.

2516655130089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

2933555990089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

Just checked on line it was $200:eek: .....I love my $70 rate......

We just returned from our 11/04 Liberty Cruise. We stayed precruise for 2 nights at Extended Stay America. It is located on the 17th Street Causeway. We won it on Hotwire for $114 ftotal for both nights. It has no amenities but for the price I couldn't pass it up. It is close to many great restaurants and the water taxi is a block or two away. Definitely within walking distance. The port entrance is a block and to the right away. The hotel was very nice and the people were friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay there and would do it again in a heartbeat!

We also have the same Comfort suites you had,I booked it for $79 last March for our up coming Dec. cruise. I have seen the price rise up to almost $200, and then back down to $129, don't know what it is now. I am happy with the rate. I have read some not too nice posts, but for the money I don't think we will be disappointed. do you know what time the first van leaves for the port in the am? We like to leave early, hope I can sign up for the times we like, we only land at 3:30.

Just checked on line it was $200:eek: .....I love my $70 rate......

My travel agent just booked us into this hotel and we got it for $168 for the middle of February. I thought that was a pretty good deal. Thanks for mentioning this hotel because I was getting nervous that no one has recommended it.

We stayed at the same Comfort Suites on Federal Hiway this Nov.2. Got a good rate 72.00 a night. Included airport and port shuttle. The shuttle arrived very promptly to the airport and we signed up for the 11 shuttle to the port for the next morning.. The rooms were clean and large. We had a queen bed and a sofa bed.Free breakfast in the morning. The night we arrived we walked to the Harbor shops and the Sun Trolley took us back to hotel for 50 cents. Not a bad location- felt it was well worth the price we paid.We found this rate on Nextag.com We booked through GTA Hotels and not a single problem.And yes the prices are much higher for your time of travel.Did see the ESA on 17th street listed as 94.00 on nextag for your time of travel.The port and airport are fairly close so taxis shouldn't run too much.Good luck

It really depends on how much you want to spend. My favorite hotel is the Lago Mar. If that's unavailable my 2nd choice is the Hyatt Pier 66. The St.Regis and Hilton are brand new properties that are absolutely gorgeous. Mid-priced hotels, The Hampton Inn & Suites in Plantation, The Sleep Inn & Suites in Dania, The LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Hollywood have all received favorable reviews on these boards.

It really depends on how much you want to spend. My favorite hotel is the Lago Mar. If that's unavailable my 2nd choice is the Hyatt Pier 66. The St.Regis and Hilton are brand new properties that are absolutely gorgeous. Mid-priced hotels, The Hampton Inn & Suites in Plantation, The Sleep Inn & Suites in Dania, The LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Hollywood have all received favorable reviews on these boards.

Bequia - I would like to book 5 rooms at Lago Mar one night pre-cruise, but its a three night minium. Do you think if I called the hotel they would do one night if I was booking 5 rooms? Thanks.

Bequia - I would like to book 5 rooms at Lago Mar one night pre-cruise, but its a three night minium. Do you think if I called the hotel they would do one night if I was booking 5 rooms? Thanks.

It wouldn't hurt to give it a try. If you can't get it, the Hyatt's not a bad second choice. ;)

Cruiser,

I am booked at lago mar for 2 nights pre cruise in December, so I'm pretty sure they would let you do it, I think the 3 night minimum is to get a certain package price if I remember correctly. Good Luck, I am soooo looking forward to staying there.

Sandy

Archived