CB waitstaff--great service recommendations?

chil-laxin

:confused: We are sailing on the CB on 11/18. Having sailed her a couple of times already, we share the opinions of many that you can get mixed service in the main dining rooms with anytime dining. This may be due to the lack of rapport building or the efforts of the staff. We read about fellow members finding great service in the anytime dining rooms and sticking with those servers for the week and would like to do the same. Rather than waiting to find a great server, has anyone recently sailed the CB with Anytime dining and had a great server? If you remember their names, we would like to request them when we make our reservation and would be happy to pass along your compliments as well as reward their service. Thanks in advance.

:confused: We are sailing on the CB on 11/18. Having sailed her a couple of times already, we share the opinions of many that you can get mixed service in the main dining rooms with anytime dining. This may be due to the lack of rapport building or the efforts of the staff. We read about fellow members finding great service in the anytime dining rooms and sticking with those servers for the week and would like to do the same. Rather than waiting to find a great server, has anyone recently sailed the CB with Anytime dining and had a great server? If you remember their names, we would like to request them when we make our reservation and would be happy to pass along your compliments as well as reward their service. Thanks in advance.

With you going this weekend, if you don't get some names, maybe you will get one and let us know when you get back. Would you mind bringing back some Patters and or menus? The ones that are listed are from July.

I guess you won't be going to Princess Cays. Let us know. I can't wait!

Anytime Dining is one of the reasons we began sailing on Princess. On our last several voyages we have tried to find outstanding waitstaff and stick with them. When we sailed on the CB October 7-14, Gilbert and his helper Ferdinand in the Palm Dining Room provided excellent service. After Gilbert discovered that we enjoyed wine with our dinner each night, he recommended a magnum of Nipozzano Riserva Chianti which drank with two meals, had sent to our stateroom to finish, and we took the bottle home as a souvenir and proudly display in our china cabinet.

Bon voyage!

Mike

Thanks for the names. We will be sure to ask for them next week and will advise on our service and Princess Cays when we return. We will also check the menus to see if they are different from those posted on cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com.

Thanks again!:D

Anytime dining is the reason we chose Princess this time also. On our last cruise we were lucky enough to have a fabulous team (Arvin and Darwid on the Star) the first night and assumed they were all this good. We were so very wrong; the next night our servers were so bland and uninterested in their jobs that we always made sure to book our original servers and table for the rest of the week. Good servers make such a difference.

Thanks for the names. We will be sure to ask for them next week and will advise on our service and Princess Cays when we return. We will also check the menus to see if they are different from those posted on cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com.

Thanks again!:D

If you don't mind mention that they had a table of all girls on the 11/4 sailing (2 moms and 4 kids) I am sure they will remember us!

If you don't mind mention that they had a table of all girls on the 11/4 sailing (2 moms and 4 kids) I am sure they will remember us!

I have heard a few good things about them so I will definately ask for them and if it works out, I will make sure to give you a mention. We figure why roll the dice when you can just ask for great service on the first night so thanks for the recommendation.

We had a fabulous server on the Star Princess named Jun. If it is the same one, he was wonderful both in the diningroom and since we were on the Star Princess that caught fire, he was wonderful and caring manning his life boat station at 2am! If you find Jun, ask if he was on the Star Princess (or charred Princess as we came to refer to her).

My wife and I have a waitor that is now a friend that we have kept in touch with since our honeymoon......his name is Manuel Lopes Da Cunha, he is from Portugal. Last time we spoke he was just boarding the CB. He is the best!!!!!!!!!!!

If there is any way you can find out if he is still onboard.........pick him........and maybe you can send a hello for us(Tom and Michelle).

It would be great if he is on board if you can find out if he will still be there on 01-20-08 for us..........Good Luck and Bon Voyage

We had Marius at the Island Dining room for early seating. If he rotates to the other dining rooms, he's a great one. His assistant waiter was Nelson, who was also great. We tipped both of them extra cash at the end of the week and I also wrote letters to Princess about both of them because they took such great care of us and our 9 and 6 year old kids.

My GF and I don't care to interact with the waitstaff. We also don't care if they know our preferred drinks. As long as they are efficient, we'll be pleased.

Can we expect that much at anytime dining?

;) Of course, they are all good...but when on a romantic vacation we like to really have a "superfantastic" experience! Most times you get great service--occassionally just ok, that happened in Feb and just don't want it to happen again as it is our anniversary!!

Enjoy your trip!

Archived