Any celebrity sightings?

ytrap2007

Paula Dean, from the Food Network, was on the Liberty of the Seas 10/6 Western Caribbean cruise...my wife was disapointed that we were sailing the Liberty the *following* week, as she likes Paula's shows.

Michael

My cousin did this as first cruise and said it was fabulous. She is a huge Paula Dean fan.

We've had no celebrity sightings as of yet.

Joey Fatone on Voyager of the Seas, Western Caribbean. He was also on our horseback riding excursion in Jamaica - in fact that's where we noticed him - on the tender. Two things - he is much more handsome in person and he looked like he just needed a quiet, relaxing vacation. So none of us bothered him on or off the ship.

I would imagine most "celebrities" (unless they are the entertainment itself) would go on the more expensive lines. I had a boss (lawyer) who cruised, and I doubt that he would be caught dead with the unwashed masses :D .

Very true. My friend was flying out to Fort lauderdale 2 weeks ago before we went on the Mariner and Barry Williams (greg brady) was on his flight and Greg Brady told him he was going on a cruise for the first time without being an entertainer on it. My friend is not a Cruiseaholic so he did not ask what line or ship he would be traveling. I was so bummed out he did not ask the right questions.

I bet the more well known celebrities do their cruising on yachts of their own, like Tiger Woods, for example - we see his vessel out in the Biscayne Bay quite often. One night, I laid awake nearly all night long nervous about the strong wind that was blowing, hoping my anchor would hold through the night because if it didn't I would have ended up blowing right into his port side, and I didn't want to be digging a golf club out of my.... LOL

I have never seen a celebrity on a cruise that wasn't working some show in the ship.

[quote name='ytrap2007']Hello,

Has anyone seen a celebrity on a cruise before? When I went on the Big Red Boat years ago, some people from my soap opera were on it. "Marly/Victoria and Jake" from Another World. I think their real names are, Ellen Wheeler, and Tom Eplin. Anyway, this question is just for fun. Wondering if stars like cruises like we do...:cool:

Rebecca[/QUOTE]

Too funny! Of all the people you could mention. Tommy Eplin (yes the same one and actor) lived up the street from us when we were growing up. He's a few years younger. His dad still owns a car dealership here in the Bay Area, I think. :D We have seen celebrities out and about in Lake Tahoe, but not on cruises. We had breakfast next to Jonathan Harris, (Dr. Smith from Lost in Space) at Harvey's. He was wonderfully kind and entertaining. :)

[quote name='Darkwolfe'][URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/midwestrr/sets/72157600209119820/"][COLOR=darkred]What I do when I'm stuck at home and not on a cruise...[/COLOR][/URL]:p (G-rated, no worries)[/quote]

.....I wanted to let you know I enjoyed your photos.......actually they are RR rated....:)

I'm pretty certain that Dan Reeves, former head coach of the Broncos, Giants, and Falcons was on our April 2006 Eastern Caribbean cruise on Jewel of the Seas. I saw him at breakfast in the Windjammer Cafe but didn't want to bother him as it looked like he was with his kids and grandkids.

Marty Allen (yes, he is still alive!) of Hollywood Squares and movie fame and his wife Karon Kate Blackwell, entertained in the Coral Theater and knocked 'em dead (the best show of the entire cruise). :D

[quote name='lori450']The couple who star in Little People Big World were on our Freedom cruise in Sept. They were with a large group of little people.[/quote]

The Roloffs. I love that show! :D Ooh, can't wait to see the episode of them on a cruise ship! I bet Matt (the hubby/father) was selling his little people hotel accessibility kit to the cruise line (at least, I hope they bought it! I think it is a great idea).

We saw Penn and Teller (sp?) in Grand Cayman while on our CP cruise, then we saw Kathy Ireland on our CCL Freedom pre-inaugural cruise. She was as beautiful and sweet as ever, with a VERY protective (hot!) husband, and adorable kids.

Archived