Miami Airport LOUNGES ??

CoupleUK

Can anyone help please....

We are flying from the UK to Miami for our cruise.

On the return journey, we would like to book into an airport lounge at Miami (preferably AA).

Can we do this over the internet ? who with ? how much ?

I have found Priority Pass but they are very expensive.

In the UK we can easily book UK lounges and find them a very relaxing way to begin our lengthy flight.

But we cant find anyone at MIA who offers the same type of service.

Can you help ?

Thanks

On the return journey, we would like to book into an airport lounge at Miami (preferably AA).
Do you do much flying with AA, BA, Qantas and US Airways on a regular basis? If you do, you might want to have a look at this paid membership.

USD 75 for what is basically one single use of the AA lounge at MIA is quite expensive. To put that in context, to join that scheme would cost you a one-off joining fee of the equivalent of USD 255 or GBP 143, and then annual fees at USD 176 or GBP 99 per year at current rates. One membership admits the member and a guest.

I paid for 5 years of this before I started getting it included with my frequent flyer status. It works brilliantly for me as most of my flying is on BA and Qantas. And between them they have some of the better lounges in the world.

Unfortunately, both are very expensive.

In the UK you can access a lounge for £35 (for 2) = $60.

Funnily enough, I wouldn't pay £17.50 to use a lounge on a single use basis and I wouldn't dream of paying what AA is asking for!

That paid scheme is really only worth it if you are going to be using lounges at least one or two dozen times a year. But it's cheaper than most annual schemes, if its coverage happens to match your flying.

• 1 month later...

CoupleUK

which airline are you flying with? If it is AA do you have a card for them which you collect points on? Sometimes they will let you into the lounges if you show your AA membership card. In some Airports they are very strict...like Heathrow...I have Amex Plat card which gets me into some lounges free....depending on which airline I am flying with etc....also depends on the mood of receptionist.Same with a BA card.

Good luck

Liz

p.s. My son (15) gets annoyed if we cant get into lounges for free with our cards :eek: Aaah teenagers

which airline are you flying with? If it is AA do you have a card for them which you collect points on? Sometimes they will let you into the lounges if you show your AA membership card. In some Airports they are very strict...like Heathrow...I have Amex Plat card which gets me into some lounges free....depending on which airline I am flying with etc....also depends on the mood of receptionist.Same with a BA card.
If flying AA (as the OP would prefer to do) on an international itinerary, according to the rules one would need an AA Platinum or BA Silver card to get access to the AA lounge. Theoretically, either of those cards should also give access to the BA lounge at MIA as well, but that is subject to space and space is at a premium in that lounge, nice as it is (well, compared to AA lounges, anyway).

I only have a blue BA card and basic AA card and managed to get into an AA lounge but for the life of me I cant remember which one it was....either Mia or Lhr.sorry about that.But I do remember it was on our return to the UK not on the way to US.As we were flying to Scotland also that is the reason for the confusion.Sorry cant be more help.

Liz

• 2 weeks later...

This reply may be too late. But, if you have not found a lounge, there is a hotel inside the airport. Maybe they have a day rate. It's called creatively "Miami Airport Hotel". They also have a fitness center and rooftop pool with comfortable outdoor lounge chairs. Also on the rooftop there is a restaurant and bar. It's quite large and not ever very crowded. If you purchased a snack or even just soft drinks, you could hang out there and watch the planes take off and land. They have cushioned, living roomstyle seating as well as tables and chairs to eat.

Pennstategal

But, if you have not found a lounge, there is a hotel inside the airport. Maybe they have a day rate. It's called creatively "Miami Airport Hotel". They also have a fitness center and rooftop pool with comfortable outdoor lounge chairs. Also on the rooftop there is a restaurant and bar. It's quite large and not ever very crowded. If you purchased a snack or even just soft drinks, you could hang out there and watch the planes take off and land.
The entrance to the hotel is near the Concourse E check-in area. You have to take the lifts (elevators) up to the hotel, although the hotel reception and concierge desks are at the airport check-in level.

I was up there on Saturday afternoon. The seventh floor restaurant is open as normal, but the eighth floor pool/rooftop area is currently closed for repairs. I don't know why that is, but I speculate that it may be because of hurricane damage. There was no indication of when it would be open again, and I didn't know that anyone might be interested so unfortunately didn't ask.

Archived