Bermuda in April????

cruisin'chic

I really need some advice. We would like to go on a cruise this year out of New York to Bermuda. In years past, always did the Florida thing,ie, Miami to the Caribbean. I would like to save money on airfare since I am a New York resident. Will it be warm in Bermuda mid-April? Thanks so much!

Thanks so much for the info. That cost in airfare for a family of four could have been the deciding factor in whether we went on a cruise. Having never gone out of New York OR gone to Bermuda, I am completely in the dark on this one.My friend did this cruise in July and had a great time. We can only get vacation time in April, so I am hoping that I can make this work.

I really need some advice. We would like to go on a cruise this year out of New York to Bermuda. In years past' date=' always did the Florida thing,ie, Miami to the Caribbean. I would like to save money on airfare since I am a New York resident. Will it be warm in Bermuda mid-April? Thanks so much![/quote']

It will be warm as in golfing weather. The water temperature will probably be too low for comfortable swimming for most people. Think North Carolina, not the Caribbean type weather. Since I like the beaches on Bermuda I personally would not sail to Bermuda until June. But if you are going for golf you would love the weather in April and May.

Also I have sailed out of northeast ports that time of year. It can be windy and chilly the first day out of New York and the last day back to New York. There is a good chance you won't be sitting out on the pool deck. Or on your balcony if you have one. It won't be like cruising out of Miami.

We are booked on the Miracle to Bermuda 4/17/08 from NY. Don't expect hot weather. There is a dome over one of the pool areas. Expect temps in Bermuda around 70 degrees. At sea expect cooler temps. I have sailed out of NY 2 times in October and it was cool in the 60's, different than the Caribbean. If you enjoy cruising, you will have a good time. The hot tubs will be hot, and there are shows in the evenings and activities and games all day. If you are looking for a beach vacation go to Cancun, Jamaica or the Bahamas. It will be hot there. Also, on the way back the Miracle stops in Rhode Island. :confused: Not too interesting. Would rather stay extra day in Bermuda.

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to add the weather will be moderate not hot. At least that is the norm for this time of year. I think it's a great time to go and highly recommend a cruise to Bermuda. We've taken multiple cruises to Bermuda and also have been there other times. A very nice place.

Keith

Archived