Fuel charges

progcas

I see a lot of posts about fuel charges. Is there a new fee for fuel? Are they only charging cruises going forward. Or, are they going to charge people who have already booked, and paid, for a cruise?

Thanks,

Marsha

Yes, any Cruise after Feb 08 has to pay a Fuel Surcharge fee, I paid mine today for my April Cruise, $35. per person, $70. total for the two of us.

Fred

I see a lot of posts about fuel charges. Is there a new fee for fuel? Are they only charging cruises going forward. Or, are they going to charge people who have already booked, and paid, for a cruise?

Thanks,

Marsha

Not sure if you are being sarcastic..lol..so I will just post this

Effective November 7, 2007

Due to rapidly escalating fuel prices, Carnival Corporation & plc’s six North American brands, including Carnival Cruise Lines, have implemented a fuel supplement of $5 per person, per day. The fuel supplement, which applies to the first and second guests in a stateroom is effective on all bookings for cruises departing on, or after February 1, 2008.

All existing booking(s) for cruises departing on or after February 1, 2008 are currently outside of the period where cancellation fees apply. Please refer to our standard cancellation terms available at www.carnival.com/cms/cancel.aspx or in our brochure to determine when penalties for cancellation would apply.

The fuel supplement is necessitated by significant rises in fuel prices which have dramatically increased Carnival Corporation & plc’s operating costs. In fact, over the past three years, the price the company pays for fuel has increased by 140 percent, with a 50 percent increase occurring in just the last seven months.

Until now, the company has been absorbing this significant increase in fuel costs. Unfortunately, we cannot continue to shoulder this huge cost burden and now find it necessary to implement a supplement to partially offset a portion of soaring fuel costs. The implementation of the fuel supplement beginning February 1, 2008 for our North American brands will result in consumers paying approximately one-third of our year-over-year fuel cost increases over the first sixth months of the fiscal year.

Implementing this fuel supplement was a difficult decision and we hope that our guests will understand that this is a necessary step in today’s challenging economic environment.

Yes, any Cruise after Feb 08 has to pay a Fuel Surcharge fee, I paid mine today for my April Cruise, $35. per person, $70. total for the two of us.

Fred

Old and new ones? That sucks. There are 3 of us. That is $105.

Thanks.

Still waiting to get my $70 bill:mad:

Me too. I keep wondering if anyone else is booked thru the same TA I have. Maybe because my cruises are so far out is why I didnt get billed or they will forget to add the surcharge?

Im adopting a "dont ask, dont tell" about it and hoping they forget.

Just applies to the first 2 passenger in the cabin. So it would be $70 if all three are in the same cabin.

Yes, we are all in the same cabin. That helps, I guess. $70 is better than $105. Thanks for the info.

Marsha

Old and new ones? That sucks. There are 3 of us. That is $105.

Thanks.

'

If all 3 of you are traveling in the same cabin, it will only be $70 total, it is only $5 per day for the first 2 people in the cabin.........wonder if people will start booking 4 to a cabin now instead of next door to each other?

I know i won't, i'll be sailing the way i always do, just payin a little bit more to do it:)

Me too. I keep wondering if anyone else is booked thru the same TA I have. Maybe because my cruises are so far out is why I didnt get billed or they will forget to add the surcharge?

Im adopting a "dont ask, dont tell" about it and hoping they forget.

"

Me too!

I made up my mind not to call and i'm hoping since i'm a long time client, he will pay the extra bill for me:D

Hey, i can wish can't i?:p

Archived