Cave Tubing / ATV combo

lakim

After reading all of the reviews I could find for the various cave tubing operators we have narrowed our choices to Major Tom and Yhony. (We almost never take excursions offered through the cruiseline thanks to cruisecritic!) It seems that people have strong opinions about which of these is better, but my impression is that it depends on what you are looking for. For example, when my DH, DS(23), DD(21) and I go in January I think we will try Yhony, but when I take my extended family of 16 ranging in age from 7 to 77 in July I will probably go with Major Tom. Any opinions on my choices are welcome.

Having (I think) decided on Yhony for my January 3rd day in Belize, I am also considering adding the ATV adventure to our tour. (We have already done ziplining.) Has anyone actually done this cave tubing/ATV combo? I have seen several people say they ended up going on the ATVs because the river was too high for tubing but I'm looking for someone that has booked and gone on the combo to give a review. I'm interested in how long you get to ride, do you ride before or after the tubing, does everyone get their own vehicle, is the ride on the wild or tame side, do you need long pants, when do you get back to the ship, is it worth the money, etc. I will, of course, be emailing my questions to Yhony but always value the reviews of my fellow cruisecritics!

Thanks!

Our group did this exact tour with Yhony (Cave-tubing.com) a few weeks ago. While I chose not to do the ATV, those in our group who did it absolutely LOVED it. Yhony runs a first rate operation, and gives superior customer service and value for your money. The cave tubing portion of our tour was great--hiked through the rainforest for approximately 1-1/4 miles. His staff carried the tubes for most of the women, and they were very helpful in every way. We went through two caves. Then we went to the ATV area, which was just a few minutes away. We were offered snacks, and for those of us who opted out of the ATV riding, we had a comfortable and shaded place to hang out. The ATV folks rode for about 25 minutes. They all loved it! If you do this tour with Yhony, I think you will be very happy with it. Have fun!

Karen

Karen, thanks so much for the information! This sounds like something we will all enjoy very much. Was is muddy when your group went, or was the rainy season pretty much over already? And if you don't mind my asking, why did you opt not to do the ATV yourself?

Lisa

Our group did this exact tour with Yhony (Cave-tubing.com) a few weeks ago. While I chose not to do the ATV, those in our group who did it absolutely LOVED it. Yhony runs a first rate operation, and gives superior customer service and value for your money. The cave tubing portion of our tour was great--hiked through the rainforest for approximately 1-1/4 miles. His staff carried the tubes for most of the women, and they were very helpful in every way. We went through two caves. Then we went to the ATV area, which was just a few minutes away. We were offered snacks, and for those of us who opted out of the ATV riding, we had a comfortable and shaded place to hang out. The ATV folks rode for about 25 minutes. They all loved it! If you do this tour with Yhony, I think you will be very happy with it. Have fun!

Karen

I just emailed Yhony myself with almost same questions. I wanted to just do the ATV but now I'm thinking about cave tubing but I read you have to walk on rough areas for about 40 minutes so I think that might be too much. The ATV is only $35 too. Originally I was nervous about missing the ship also do I was scared to do a combo because its more time. Unless, you have to wait for everyone to do a combo before they take you back??? Anyone know further info??

Just got an email back from yhony. He said the entire excursion for ATV was 3 1/2-4 hours and the cave tubing is an additonal 30-40 mins. He guarantees you make it back to your ship. You pay cash at the end. No deposit required, just a reservation.

We did the cave tubbing, ATV tour with cavetubbing.com last week and had a great time. Due to bad weather we did not get on to shore until after 10 AM. Yhony was still there waiting for us. After we did both caves we then did the ATV tour. Although it was shortened up a bit due to our late start we still had a great time. I cannot recommend this tour or company enough.

Archived