Carnival and Puerto Rico?

happy cruzer

If they can't fill the ship this is one way to do it.

I got a discount on a booked cruise. In fact it was the Destiny. I called my TA because I thought there was a better rate on their site. She said no but she wanted to check something out and asked me to hold. When she came back she said she had a rep from Carnival on the other line that would like to offer us the resident deal - $130 off per person. I didn't question it I took it.

There are some local PR folks that have posted recently on the Main Destiny thread that say this isn't the case and they've been looking for the deals we keep saying they are getting for a very long time. I can't tell you what's true and what's not, but I do know that they have offered $199 cruises to locals in Galveston to fill a ship before.

Just wondering if it was a common practice out of PR? I read the two reviews that mentioned the children beating up other children and misbehaving and was wondering how common it would be? October is low season so maybe that's why it happened now.

I have been on a ship when folks got out of hand and would like to avoid that at all costs.

Archived