Carnival or Princess for SB with the boyfriend?

amuth

Hello all!

My boyfriend and I want to go on a cruise for spring break 2008, but we are torn between a Princess cruise on the Caribbean Princess and a cruise on the Carnival Triumph. They are both eastern caribbean itineraries and the ships have some of the same features. I've cruised before on Princess and he's never been. I liked Princess but then again it was spring break with my girlfriends so we weren't too picky about small details.

Any suggestions or past experience with either ship?

Thanks!

Annmarie

Hello all!

My boyfriend and I want to go on a cruise for spring break 2008, but we are torn between a Princess cruise on the Caribbean Princess and a cruise on the Carnival Triumph. They are both eastern caribbean itineraries and the ships have some of the same features. I've cruised before on Princess and he's never been. I liked Princess but then again it was spring break with my girlfriends so we weren't too picky about small details.

Any suggestions or past experience with either ship?

Thanks!

Annmarie

Welcome to Cruise Critic Annmarie, I have sailed on Carnival many times during Spring Break, I know for sure you will have a great time onboard the Triumph. Princess runs alittle slower due to the older age group onboard. But Im sure you will enjoy your cruise on both cruiselines.

Fred

hmm...yea i'm leaning towards Carnival because of the extra port of call and the great comments i've read.

how easy is it to reserve a table for two for dinner? i heard they're pretty hard to come.

ahhh now i must get back to studying for my marketing final .... can't wait for SB to get here!

thanks all!

Welcome to our world. With a few exceptions [such as marriage], at least one person in your cabin must be 25+ aboard Carnival. If memory serves, the minimum age for singles/couples aboard Princess is lower.

On that ship there are many tables for 2 but what you need to do is as soon as you board the ship, you need to head over to the Maitre'D which will be located in the Midship Dining room. They usually open around 1pm but I would sit there and wait until they open. When you see him you can request a table for 2. If you show up late, those tables will be gone.

Fred

........ at least one person in your cabin must be 25+ aboard Carnival. If memory serves, the minimum age for singles/couples aboard Princess is lower.

Good point. I was wondering if she know of the age requirements.

Princess (to me) is more romantic than Carnival. DH and I enjoyed the Caribbean Princess a lot but we found ourselves yearning for some of that loud music and dancing Carnival offers. For Spring break I'd choose Carnival...but for a Spring Break with a lover I'd choose Princess (IF you're looking for the lovey dovey atmosphere).

Caribbean Princess has the seafood buffet the first night, all you can eat crab legs, shrimp etc. My favorite. It has MUTS to watch football or movies outside. Another feature is it has two anytime dining rooms so you rarely have to wait if you go to the one in the back, for some reason everyone goes to the middle dining room because its usually closer, the back one is not filled.

Its a beautiful ship. We had the obstructed OVs on Lido deck looking forward 192 s.f. Loved that view and you could walk out on that deck in front no matter where your cabin was and watch the sunset, nice little group.

If the price is similar hands down CB lol. (sorry Carnival fans), but the CB is a wonderfull ship.

btw if you pick anytime dining on the CB, then you wouldnt have to worry about getting a table for two. You can call ahead and ask for a table for two if you dont want to sit with others. When you walk up to the anytime dining if you want to sit just by yourselfs, it will probably mean a wait, they give you a thingee that beeps when your table is ready if you ask for a table by yourselfs when you walk up...but with only two, that might take a while, so you could make a few reservations and walk up and sit with others a few times? Anytime dining is great if you dont want the traditional dining on Carnival.

Archived