Calica or Cozumel

TravelGal22

I went there last year December. You have to take a taxi to get anywhere. We went into town and toured the shops and spent some time on the beach. We didn't find that there was a whole lot to do since our cruise was there during the day and we had to be back at the ship by 5:00.

I enjoyed it but it was very casual and relaxing. Next time, if I went to calica I would go see the Tulum ruins or rent a car instead of taking a taxi.

We are doing Cozumel this time in December.

Calica is a jumping off place. You can take a cab to Playa Del Carmen to shop and beach, go to Tulum, snorkel at Akumal, take a tour with Edventures, go to Xcaret or even take a trip to Cancun. Lots to do and see, but you have to take a taxi or bus to do anything.

If I pick the cruise to Calica it will be because it is closer to Xcarat than Cozumel is. I was wondering how easy is it to get a cab at the port in Calica, is it safe and if I would save money by taking a cab there or doing the cruise excursion.

I love Xcaret park, it has so much to see and do. When we went there were plenty of taxi's at the port and there is also a Xcaret bus and you can buy your tickets from the driver. The buses run like every twent or thirty minutes. You can buy a round trip ticket and come and go as you please.

This was three years ago and I'm sure things haven't changed, you might to to Xcaret.com and see what if they offer anything.

The river float was awesome and the beaches were beautiful. I would go back there in a minute. Not to many ships seem to be going to Calica these days.

Gramsk

If I pick the cruise to Calica it will be because it is closer to Xcarat than Cozumel is. I was wondering how easy is it to get a cab at the port in Calica, is it safe and if I would save money by taking a cab there or doing the cruise excursion.

There will be plenty of cabs in port and Xcaret is pretty close so the fare should be minimal. You can see some of the buildings from the ship. We have taken only 2 excursions thru the ship and that was when we were still green. We know better now. If we want to take a long tour I will book it thru the ship. In Coz or Calica it is really easy to grab a cab and do your own thing.

Archived