Carry On essentials

FMCowboy

So we head off tomorrow, but I hear you may not get your luggage until after dinner. What should we pack for a carry-on? Are we talking like airplane luggae carry-on, or a duffle bag type?

Where do you keep your carry-on once onboard? IE: if we board at Noon and can't get into our room. DO we just wheel it into the buffet?

FM

In carry on luggage, we usually put in bathingsuits (in case), cover ups, toiletries (to freshen up before dinner in case luggage is not in your stateroom until later), comfy shoes and a change of clothing.

If you are flying in the day of the cruise, you might want to repack your carry on at the airport as liquids, lotions and gels are better off in checked luggage.

Make sure to have any meds in carry on as well along with cruise docs and passports or picture ID's.

Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise.

I would pack in your carry-on, anything that you can't live without for a few days, in addition to the suggestions above. On my AOS cruise in June, I didn't get my checked bags until Aruba (day 3) - and I would have KILLED to have my pair of flipflops... luckily I had a few changes of clothes that I always carry along with me, but I was barefoot for a good chunk of the two days (after flying, airport transfer, Old SJ trip, and two days at sea with no other shoes, my shoes were - er - a bit ripe).

I would pack in your carry-on, anything that you can't live without for a few days, in addition to the suggestions above. On my AOS cruise in June, I didn't get my checked bags until Aruba (day 3) - and I would have KILLED to have my pair of flipflops... luckily I had a few changes of clothes that I always carry along with me, but I was barefoot for a good chunk of the two days (after flying, airport transfer, Old SJ trip, and two days at sea with no other shoes, my shoes were - er - a bit ripe).

Day 3!??? Uggh! You should have received onboard credit for that to puchase additional clothing in the giftshops. That's ridiculous!

Yes, just roll whatever suitcases, bags, etc. you have into the Windjammer. Also, you can check with your cabin steward, usually even if the cabin isn't ready, you can leave your bags in there, just don't leave valuables if it's, (the door), not locked.

On one of my recent cruises, I think it was the Brilliance to Panama, you could check your carry on in the dining room. There was a staff member by the door giving claim checks. He was emphatic that the carry ons would watched until 12:55 sharp. At that time any bags not claimed would be left unattended. Worked out really well for us.

Wish they would do that on all of the ships.

If you have a mini or jr. suite- or larger on NCL--- a staff member will wheel or carry your carry-on's to your cabin for you.... They take them right out of your arms when you come onboard....:eek:

Seriously...sometimes you can drop them off in your cabin...even if it's not ready.

on our last cruise we got on the ship and after we familarized our selves with the places we were going to go first, we looked for our room. By the time we got there ( after taking a quick tour) the door was open and obviously they were still preparing, but we just stuffed our carry-on's into the closet and left to go grab some lunch at the windjammer! your first day is all about touring and familarizing your self with the ship and of course having fun! I always stick some $$ in my carry on just in case and all the things that i would need on a daily basis- clothing- shoes- toiletries- camera- how ever your going to communicate on the ship (walkies, pager, ect.) Enjoy your cruise!:D

Archived