Car sick, Airplane sick, Seasick, so Helicopter Sick??

santamaria

I never stay home just because I get motion sick, but I'm wondering how the motion in a helicopter compares. I do fine on small boats when the ocean is rough - it's the rolling in the swells that really gets to me. I can't ride in the back seat of a car, and on a plane I have to sit still and look straight ahead or sleep. I really want to do a helicopter/dog sled, but would rather stay back than be miserable (and probably make everyone else miserable!!) Any suggestions. Thanks.

Santamaria - When are you going? My DH gets motion sickness too, but doesn't want to miss out because of it. We're doing the dog sled in Juneau and if you are going after us, I'll let you know how he fares. He gets really tired if he takes Claritin-D, so he's not sure if he'll do Dramamine or Bonine. He might do the ginger pills as recommended on another board. I can let you know. ~Kim

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;07;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Alaska Bound on the Sapphire Princess

Have you heard of Relief Bands - those new FDA approved watch like devices that send electical impulses and supposed to be totally worry proof? Abbot labs developed it for cancer patients so it looks serious. I am not bad in a car or airplanes but I get sick on small ocean boats and we plan to do a lot of fishing. We are going July 5th on Dawn Princess. I got one of those...let's see how it works but I have all the confidence.

I've read something on these boards about the ginger root pills. Can anyone tell me about them? Dramamine and Bonine knock me out and I don't want to miss anything. Also, someone has recommended wearing the patch, but I don't think I'll need that except on our helicopter tour. Thanks!

Carole

Archived