Ship...pier...island OR Ship....island

jkjmt

On the Carnival excursion to the private beach island.....do you travel to the pier and then take a boat to Bannister Island.....or are you picked right up from the ship and taken to the island????

Who has done this excursion through Carnival and knows???

I want to spend some time on the beach in Belize, but also want to get a little tour of the city and do some shopping if there is time. Has anyone done this tour recently who can let us know?

Help

Not sure which ship you will be on, or how much time you will be in port. We are on the Carnival Legend. The Private Island excursion is from 9:15 to 1:15. We are in port till 5, so we should have plenty of time to spend in Belize city. Check the times for this excursion on your cruise and see what time your ship leaves. This will give you an idea of how much time you will have left.

How was tendering to Bannister Island? (on the Carnival Beach Break). What kind of boat do they tender you in (speed boat, pontoon like boat etc). I have heard scary things about tendering in this port:eek: ! Also, what was the tendering like if you were to go into town after the beach break thing? Do they tender you to the ship and then to belize (from the beach break) or can you have a choice and tender right to belize from the beach break? Thanks. Really considering doing the beach break tour, but would also like to step foot on belize even tho it is just in the shopping area! We will also be on the Carnival Legend. Thanks for the help!

Mary

How was tendering to Bannister Island? (on the Carnival Beach Break). What kind of boat do they tender you in (speed boat, pontoon like boat etc). I have heard scary things about tendering in this port:eek: ! Also, what was the tendering like if you were to go into town after the beach break thing? Do they tender you to the ship and then to belize (from the beach break) or can you have a choice and tender right to belize from the beach break? Thanks. Really considering doing the beach break tour, but would also like to step foot on belize even tho it is just in the shopping area! We will also be on the Carnival Legend. Thanks for the help!

Mary

I believe they will tender you back directly to the ship. But as I mentioned earlier, (on the Legend anyway), you should have plenty of time to go ashore.

I saw that too....but it didn't make me worry....who'd spend that kind of money for such a tiny island. It's not big enough for cruise ships to spend an entire day at like many cruise ships do. Oh well....we'll just have to wait and see......:rolleyes:

Archived