Montreal dock

VicKen

Royal Princess will be sailing to and from Montreal next year- any idea where she might dock? I know there are quays in Old Montreal but do cruise ships dock there or elsewhere? The Royal Princess is small - 700 pax.

All cruise ships use the King Edward pier as far as I know. There is also the Alexandra Pier, but it is simply the pier next to the King Edward. Both are in Old Montreal.

I've included a link to the pier.

No large cruise ships come to Montreal, their stacks are usually to high to get under the bridge at Trois Rivieres (Three Rivers)

What a wonderful location - it will be perfect to enjoy Old Montreal since our ship does not leave until 10 PM!!

Yes. It's a great location. A bit of a walk to get to the metro, though Champs de Mars isn't too far. Of course, Montreal's real night life doesn't start till at least 10:30PM.

Oh that's OK -we have 3 days and 2 nights in Montreal so if we want to enjoy the nightlife we can plan for another night. With so little time in the city I suspect we'll be so busy during the day that by 10:30 we may be ready to sleep. We are thinking of Springhill Suites in Old Montreal (we have Marriott points) - do you think that will be a good location? We like to walk but may want to use the metro to get farther afield.

Springhill Suites in Old Montreal (we have Marriott points) -

Great location to enjoy old Montreal. Got to love those marriott points! I use the credit card to collect points.

Just make sure you take a cab up to Crescent street too, then take a walk heading east along St. Cathrine Street. This will give you a good look at the "New" part of the city.

• 3 weeks later...
All cruise ships use the King Edward pier as far as I know. There is also the Alexandra Pier, but it is simply the pier next to the King Edward. Both are in Old Montreal.

Actually, we left out of Bickerdike Pier when cruising on the CTMA Vacancier. This pier is south of the city centre. http://www.ctma.ca/traversier-madeleine/croisiere_accesAuPort_ang.cfm

Actually, we left out of Bickerdike Pier when cruising on the CTMA Vacancier. This pier is south of the city centre. http://www.ctma.ca/traversier-madeleine/croisiere_accesAuPort_ang.cfm

Yes, but the cruise ships use the pier in Old Montreal. Bickerdike is an older pier and can't handle the cruise ships. It's enclosed on either side and the ships won't fit in. The passenger terminal is usually at Alexandra Quay.

• 2 weeks later...

We disembarked our cruise ship in Montreal this past September. There is one major area for the cruise ships. I am looking at our disembarkation information and it was called the Iberville Marine Terminal. Some folks refered to it as the Old Montreal Cruise Ship Terminal as that is where the various cruise ships docked. It is right adjacent to Old Montreal.

Keith

Archived