Where can i find the most inexpensive souviniers?

wendya2J

We were in Cozumel last Dec and to be honest we never left the small area where you port. It was great I got quite a few gifts there t-shirts for 4 each. Diamond chip earrings for the nieces so they enjoyed for 19. Not bad if you ask me. We have a 104 inch dining room table we got a hand made tablecloth for 35 and it is BEAUTIFUL. We never made it into the actual city, going back in Sept maybe then who knows:)

Take a taxi into town to the Mexican Mercado. Its five or six blocks inland from the big store Viva Mexico. Example---I saw a white dress with embroidery on it for 100. in town. at the Mexican market it sold for 35. you can do some bargining with just a pen and piece of paper. just put a ? on it and go from there. The merchants are not pushy at all, and the market is very clean. All kinds of real Mexican stores around the market area. It was the best shopping we found there.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I came away with the best Cozumel souvenir of all....a SINK!

We first spotted the beautifully painted sinks in Playa del Carmen THREE YEARS AGO...and didn't act. I've kicked myself on a regular basis since then for not getting it....

Then, taking a "shortcut" in CZM, we found a little shop with hundreds to choose from...we picked a fantastic sink, got a straw hat for my hubby and paid forty dollars less for the lot than what one sink was going to cost in PDC.

We are having the kids bathroom redone around the new sink--a daily reminder of the great time had by all!

Archived