Cave Tubing OR Shark Ray Alley

pll

I've done both and my favorite is most definatively cave tubing. I've actually done it twice. I'll be in Belize again in March and would love to go again but my son is a little too young (2yrs old), so we'll be going to the zoo instead. I've both snorkeled and cave tubed while pregnant and found the snorkeling to be the most difficult. I had some difficulty floating on my stomach while i was pregnant. Kinda like trying to balance on a beach ball while in the water. I also found the snorkeling to be a little tiring. Shark Ray Alley is a nice snorkel spot and it was neat to see the nurse sharks but it's nowhere near as amazing an experience as cave tubing. The walk thru the lush rainforest and relaxing trip down the crystal clear river is breathtaking.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't help with the pregnancy perspective, but I enjoyed the snorkeling better. I wasn't crazy about the hour long drive (each way) on the bus for the cave tubing, and if the water happens to be low when you're there, you do more walking than floating. With the snorkel tour, you go to a resort for lunch and can use their facilities - beach, pool, bathroom, lounge chairs! Or you can walk through town.

Archived