Parents & Kids on different decks

coupleofcops

On the Zuiderdam you could see where the emergency doors are. By the way, we actually had two fires on this cruise! When the alarm for the second one happened, my DH and I were on deck 10 with our DD and our DS was in his cabin on Deck 1. I immediately flew down the stairs and found him on his way up to us. We watched the crew in their firefighting gear assemble and they were really quite professional. Made me feel better.

I think you'd be o.k. if you just have a plan in advance. It's just something to keep in mind that nobody tells you about.

So... she can't sell any more cabins at that rate. I know this will probably come as a shock to many people on this board... but I would still insist on trying. (:eek: ) I know an airplane is entirely different from a cruise ship, but in the experience I described earlier, we were moved into seats together that were designated as requiring an additional fee (and were definitely not part of the dirt cheap seat sale we'd taken advantage of when booking).

I don't know this TA's particular situation, but when some agencies book a group cruise, the actually purchase those particular rooms and are only allowed to book those particular rooms.

I think even if you're staying in the same cabin, it's always wise to have a plan. We were on a theme park vacation in the summer, and the first thing we did when we entered each park was to take a few minutes with the map and plan what to do if we got separated. Many people have talked about rules involving meeting times to check in, which is also a good idea. We plan on taking walkie talkies, but there's no guarantee they will work every time... I definitely like the idea of having set plans and set check ins. :)

Archived