constellation dry dock

mmp13

We were on the Connie last spring. I didn't really see any "freshening" needed that was bad enough to require a drydock - with the possible exception of turning the Bar at the edge back to it's former self - but that is more a matter of taste than being run down. I thought the Connie was in great shape.

My understanding is that sprucing up the cabins and bedding is done on an ongoing basis as needed in the opinion of the cruise line, and doesn't require a drydock. Drydocks are done for mechanical reasons, although occasionally sprucing up that couldn't otherwise be done while having paid guests on board is done at the same time.

We were on the Connie in Sept/Oct (New England Canada) and I did notice a few things that were replaced: no more bedspreads, the chairs in the buffet area, (smaller, and they don't crowd as much), and some newer chairs in various lounges.

Our cabin steward told us they also threw out all the mattresses along with the bedspreads. We also had new curtains in our cabin.

The rest of the ship looked great, except for the forementioned hanging rags in the Bar at the Edge!

We had a room on the 7th deck in Fall 06 and had a room this Oct/Nov on the same deck. I believe the drapes and bed furnishings and bedding are all new. The sofa in our room was not new or recovered because it did look worn. In general I think the ship looks very good. I think regrouting in bathrooms must be a constant problem/job to do. We had one corner around the bathroom door that needed a fix. Nothing major and we've booked the ship for 08 because we like the Connie so much. It's just the right size for us.

Jan

Archived