Sitka/Ketchikan, Victoria, BC excusion HELP!

relo854

Thinking of taking the Celebrity Infinity 6/08 Alaskan cruise. We really want to go on a glacier tour and a dog sled tour. We are not sure if we will be able to afford the helicopter/floatplan as this is an expensive trip for us. Our TA highly recommended this ship and the price is really good. We will be in Sitka from 10 -6, Juneau 7-3, Ketchikan 7-1, Victoria 7P-midnight. I looked at the excursions available with Celebrity and looks like the only glacier/dog sled excursions are in Juneau....did I miss something...are there any of these type excursions in the other towns? Looks like the other towns have historical tours and ocean tours. Any help is greatly appreciated...thank you in advance.

As I just posted on your other thread, I think HAL's Westerdam has a better itinerary than the Infinity, with a much longer port time in Juneau, and slightly longer hours in Sitka and Victoria. It also goes to Glacier Bay - which is beautiful.

To answer your questions, glacier dog sledding is done in Juneau and Skagway. We booked an independent wildlife cruise in Sitka with Capt. Davey Lubin on the Esther G: http://www.puffinsandwhales.com. The ship's Wildlife and Sea Otter Quest through Allen Marine is also well thought of. In Victoria I would do a ship excursion to the Butchart Gardens due to the limited time there.

Archived