Advice for first time cruiser!

locoman

I am a first time cruiser and am sailing on the Crown Princess in March 2008 with my boyfriend (he's done one cruise to Alaska). Just looking for some ideas for possible excursions while we're in St. Thomas....it's the last day of the cruise and we're there from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm. It's possible we may just be lazy on the beach...but I'm exploring all options....any advise will help!

Hi! We were in St. Thomas in May and did the Godfrey Tour. We had a really good time with him. We did the 2 hour tour, 2 hour shopping and 2 hour beach time. We went to Coki Beach. It was really pretty. We snorkled and went to Coral World. Godfrey was very informative on the tour and stopped at several places for photo ops and info on the island. It was $25.00 per person. We also had plent of time to shop and browse the shops by the ship after the tour. Have a great time and I hope this helps a little.

Cindy

Hey Benton Family in Murrells Inlet - this is the Godfreys from Conway!! Anyway, sorry - we're going to be in St. Thomas next week and we're planning to take the ferry over to St. John and have an island tour that goes all around the different places on that island. After that, we'll probably just hang out in Charlotte Amalie and shop. I'll let you know how it was when we get back!

We agree that a tour with Henry Christopher of EEE Tours is fantastic. Very informative, learned much about flowers, plants, and history of the island. He was willing to do whatever we wished in terms of shopping, beach, sightseeing.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, the St. John tour was fun - for me (not for the dh!). We took about a 30 minute boat ride to the island with one of the crew pointing out sights along the way. Then we had about a 2 hour drive around the island (stopped twice - once at a beachfront park where we could get in the water for a minute and once at a little roadside shop that sold crafts and ice cream). Then it was back to the ferry for the ride back to St. Thomas. Once back, we rode th skylift up to Paradise Point for some great views of the harbor. Worn out after all that, we went back on board and relaxed until it was time for our "sail away couples massage"! Of course, the next day I had to pay for the island tour by going Parasailing at Orient Beach in St. Martin - which was surprisingly LOTS of fun, too!!

I am a first time cruiser and am sailing on the Crown Princess in March 2008 with my boyfriend (he's done one cruise to Alaska). Just looking for some ideas for possible excursions while we're in St. Thomas....it's the last day of the cruise and we're there from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm. It's possible we may just be lazy on the beach...but I'm exploring all options....any advise will help!

What do you want to do?

If you are the adventurous type and want to spend a lot of time snorkeling, don't take a tour. You can rent a car (but you drive on the left).

If you want to shop just go into town. If you want a overview of the island and someone to drive you around, then take a tour, BUT you will not get a lot of beach or shopping time with one.

St. Thomas has so many possibilities that it is impossible to give you good suggestions.

Archived