Regent Mariner 12/3/07 - First Timer

jbrider

Hi all,

I'm totally new to cruising. I'm going on the Regent Mariner cruise leaving from Auckland, NZ on 12/3. My cousin and his wife are already onboard, taking the entire cruise. I was wondering if there are many senior (young-at-heart, not really senior) singles on these cruises? I'm bringing my dancing shoes, but am not sure if I'll end up dancing with my cousin and other married men. Any clues? Also, I'm a country gal who spends most of the time in jeans, getting my hands dirty working with horses. How are jeans accepted? Or do I need to drag out my nice slacks?

I'm very excited about the cruise and am arriving in Auckland three days early to see some sights. Any insight into 'how to act' on the cruise will be greatly appreciated.

Jan;)

Hi Jan.

We are on the cruise too. In fact there will be about 48 of us from one group.

You can wear jeans during the day all you want, but not after 6:00 pm

Then things are either country club casual, semi formal, or formal.

We will be going across the equator and I can't imagine wearing jeans.

Hot, hot, hot. Just about everyone will be wearing shorts, and swimwear during the day.

During the evenings Ladies will have sun dresses, pant suits, cocktail dresses, and even some formals on formal night.

Are you flying out of LAX?

6 of us are on the November 29th 7:45 pm Air New Zealand flight.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the info. I kind of figured that about the jeans, but I wear jeans even when I'm in places like Panama :rolleyes:. Usually to cover up my white legs until I get some sun on them.

I'm actually flying out of LAX on the 27th, so I'll be in Auckland for three days to explore the city. We'll have to meet once we're onboard. What group are the 48 of you from? Just people you've met on other cruises?

Jan

Hi Marcie,

Hopefully I won't forget to pack something that I need. I imagine I can get just about anything I need onboard. I look forward to meeting everybody. Don't you dance? I'm booked into the Best Western in Auckland and am getting some good suggestions on what to see while I'm there.

Jan

Hi we're also on the cruise with the bunch JimB is talking about. You will love Regent and you picked a great first cruise. Since the ports are casual and tropical, I'll be dressing casual also as JimB describes, (a little dressier after 6, and on formal nights). I spoke with a lady from Air New Zealand today and she said it is very hot there right now.

We'll all be dancing away it appears. Look forward to meeting you. Have a safe flight and a fun time in Auckland before the cruise.

sheep1.gif.ae116378b7668941481d74f98e70b1b7.gif

jbrider, I hope you have a great cruise! You are on this one with several people I have cruised with before, JimB and Marcie among them, along with others in their group (not so many I have cruised with). It is nice to have a connection to people who are going to be on your cruise! I can tell you that they are FUN people!

jbrider, I hope you have a great cruise! You are on this one with several people I have cruised with before, JimB and Marcie among them, along with others in their group (not so many I have cruised with). It is nice to have a connection to people who are going to be on your cruise! I can tell you that they are FUN people!

Oh good! I like fun people. My cousin and his wife are fun people too. Do any of you know Steve & Jean from Portland, OR area? They've sailed with Regent several times.:o

Jan

Nope, haven't met them. If I am cruising with one of my kids, we sort of use that time to reconnect. When I am on one of my TA's group cruises, we party more! You are on one of those cruises where my TA has a group aboard, but they love to have others join in on the fun! Find JimB or Marcie, and you will be welcomed!

The flight to Auckland was wonderful! I was expecting it to be tedious, but I slept, ate, drank and watched two movies. The economy seats were even comfortable. I had the whole center row to myself. Too bad the arms didn't go all the way up, or I would have been able to stretch out. But it was fine anyway. I'm going exploring to Devonport tomorrow and Rotorua the next day. Looking forward to seeing you aboard the Mariner!

Jan

Archived