Guaranteed cabin question

amuth

Hello all!

I am considering a guarantee inside cabin this year because the price is actually a good deal cheaper for once. What are the odds I will be placed in a cabin where the beds cannot be pushed together?

I can't tell you that but I can tell you that for our upcoming we did a guaranteed for the first time and my pvp said that she is about 90% sure that we will get a nice upgrade and it's the best way to go so I don't think you have a ton to worry about b/c they will stick you in something nice and more than likely upgrade you if you are a past guest from what she told me.

If we all knew the odds on that one, I'm sure you would see a lot more people on here that have just hit the lottery, and could afford to cruise more. There's no way of knowing what the odds are, depends on which ship you're going on, and how many rooms they have that are like that.

Cruisedeckplans.com has lots of info on all of the cabins, but it doesn't tell you if the beds can/cannot be pushed together or not. I would think that the inside cabins cannot, but other than the inside cabins, I believe that most can. I'm sure if I'm wrong, someone will come along and correct me.

Hello all!

I am considering a guarantee inside cabin this year because the price is actually a good deal cheaper for once. What are the odds I will be placed in a cabin where the beds cannot be pushed together?

the odds are about impossible. You will get a 4A or higher. There are a few ships that have some handicapped cabins that are 6Bs that are OVs but the beds dont push together I know of, but other than than your chances are impossible to get a bed that the beds cant be pushed together.

It sounds to me like you are thinking about 1As which you wouldnt get.

If the type of room makes a differerence in your overall enjoyment of the cruise, don't take a chance on a cabin you won't like. I have known people that booked very early and told they would probably get an upgrade, and when the cruise sold out and they were stuck with an inside cabin, they whined the whole cruise. They could not relax on a balcony and felt forced to always be up on deck.:cool:

If you book an IS guarantee you'll almost certainly get a Cat 4 cabin but possibly on a higher deck. If that's not satisfactory, don't book the guarantee rate. We were upgraded first trip on Glory from IS guarantee all the way up to #1102 which is a Cat 6E on the spa deck w/wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling window. What a fabulous cabin, but that's definetely the exception not the norm.

I don't believe there is any possibility of getting a cabin that the beds can't be pushed together. We just booked 2 IS Guar cabins on the Imagination for January. Got our assignments & one of them was 4A (lowest deck/inside/ forward) & one was 4D (4th deck/inside/aft). The inlaws will have a long walk to see us but thats OK!

You can book a guaranteed cabin either inside, ocean view or balcony. You just have to be flexible with your location. If you hate the possibility of being aft or forward or near an elevator, then stay away from a guarantee. It all comes down to supply and demand, the time of year you're cruising and how far a head of time you book. There are many different factors that go into where your cabin assignment will end up.

For instance, my DW and I are booked on the 12/22 sailing of the Liberty. We reserved an IS last January and got an upgrade to 4D. We're on the Empress deck, sandwiched between 2 floors of cabins located about 30% from the aft of the ship. A nice, quiet location located on deck 7, only 2 decks up to Lido, 2 down to the Promenade.....it's the most centrally located inside cabin we could have had, so we're very happy. We did not have any allusions of grandeur that we were going to get a bump to an outside or a balcony. We're cruising over the holidays, we deal with reality, not fantasy, unlike some posters on cc.:cool:

Your question about pushing beds together in an inside cabin. Yes they can but you won't have too much room that way. We decided when we saw the beds together to have them seperated and that way you have more space in the middle between the beds.

thanks everyone!

yea i've been in an inside cabin before and it didn't bother me at all. we are just two college kids splurging for our last real spring break so the cabin doesn't matter much to us ... the extra money for pina coladas does :) hehe.

we just don't want to get stuck sleeping in two twin beds all week, that's all! :)

i'm gonna go ahead with the gaurantee IS and see what happens from there. Thanks again!

Archived